Security Installer Community

Switching Pir To Viper Glx Shock - Wiring Advice - Galaxy G2-20

Vini

Hey all, just in the process of rejigging the alarm, and it's been a while since I've tinkered with the wired stuff...

I want to switch a single PIR for a Shock on my G2-20...

Forgetting the 'quality' of the wiring, how would this transplant over to the Viper?

photouk.jpg

glx.png

And resister location??

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1k across tamper,

From one side of tamper into 1 side of alarm

Out of empty alarm back to panel

Aux +

Aux-

Is the shock self resetting? The older ones wernt. And used to have to fit a normally closed push button on the panel to drop the power for a second for it to reset.

Like this

attachicon.gifCP.JPG

Excuse the CAD drawing :D

My hero

Is the shock self resetting? The older ones wernt. And used to have to fit a normally closed push button on the panel to drop the power for a second for it to reset.

It's a brand new Viper GLX, I don't understand the above, but am assuming I don't need to do anything funky?

you need to reduce those bare wires, cut them down so casing nearly meets the connector block.

be careful the resistors in the picture don't short out due to bare resistor leads and your exposed cable ends, which can happen as you close the lid.

nice touch is to use some sleeve casing stripped from larger size surplus cable, and put it over the resistor leads.

Just released what I wrote was a load of ********. Sod it off to bed.

just as well you 'released' it the ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Like this

attachicon.gifCP.JPG

Excuse the CAD drawing :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure last time I fitted an EV-105, the neg is on the outside with the pos next to it (the link is the negative control line for the LED)

Call out at 3am , non stop all day since, finished at 6

No rest time?

Trade Member

Not sure if you were jesting but an hour for an hour after 12am, ie go out on call at 1am, get back home at 3am, report into work at 11am (presuming you start at 9 of course)

Edited by antinode

Trade Member

Anti how does it work (wolf)

ie you do a night on call and get some etc

hour for hour recovery time after midnight, out for 3 hours (from leaving house to walking back in) start 3 hours later the following day.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure last time I fitted an EV-105, the neg is on the outside with the pos next to it (the link is the negative control line for the LED)

No rest time?

I'll look out for that.

Thanks for the tip with the bare wires too. This is just hooked up temp so I know what goes where whilst the room is refurbed.

How does that work if you have a call booked for 9am? Just cancel it? If no other engineers are avliable that is?

Shouldn't be booking calls for you before 12 if you are on call prev night (I say shouldn't..)

I am sure we've covered this before. Some places don't care what you did last night your still expected in for half 8.

Then they are wrong and you need to look elsewhere for someone who values your wellbeing and safety, duty of care and all that.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Shouldn't be booking calls for you before 12 if you are on call prev night (I say shouldn't..)

Then they are wrong and you need to look elsewhere for someone who values your wellbeing and safety, duty of care and all that.

That rule Wouldn't work for me.

Last place I worked at had the rest time but I usually ended up going in for 9 anyway.

You`re correct.

Tired myself, wide awake at 4 am, work and work, plus more work.

Just took the colours as granted.

That ideal world again.

In many years never had time off or a late start unless I fell asleep in a coma. Old call outs used to take all weekend there were that many. (Good money but no sleep).

Edited by Oxo

There normally always a domestic customer that ask for a first call or early AM.

I agree it is wrong, but is the grass greener?

Working/driving tired is tant amount to being under the influence.

Agreed

As I have said previously if I was tired enough for it to effect my driving I'd phone in as not fit to drive.

My first call tomorrow is booked for 9am (well between 9-12) in penrith. I'm on the coast near Newcastle upon Tyne. So about a 2hr drive to get to site.

I could potentially get a call at 6am be out for 3 hours. Which would mean I'm pushing back jobs and won't get in until late and will miss appointment times.

As others have said its not ideal but it's a means to a way.

Climbed out of a bedroom window the other day and stood on a small pitched roof to replace a Bell. ( longest laddders wouldn't reach over the small extension). Wouldn't get a cheery picker in either.

I decided the risk was okay to do it.