Security Installer Community

Veritas Premier 24 - Any Comments?

Guest markjenk

Don't be put off by Bellman - he's right on a lot of things but not this one. The Premier range are awesome. We've put in over 100 panels of this range in over the last 2 years and never had a return - not even a keypad. Just a com 300 that was broken from new. You'd struggle to find something they cant do! You can even have half the system ID with the right expansion module - I dont see Galaxys doing that!

Trade Member

Don't be put off by Bellman - he's right on a lot of things but not this one.  The Premier range are awesome.  We've put in over 100 panels of this range in over the last 2 years and never had a return - not even a keypad.  Just a com 300 that was broken from new.  You'd struggle to find something they cant do!  You can even have half the system ID with the right expansion module - I dont see Galaxys doing that!

22439[/snapback]

for the pro installers,nothing beats the galaxy..domestic to high security it covers all ...

Don't be put off by Bellman - he's right on a lot of things but not this one.  The Premier range are awesome.  We've put in over 100 panels of this range in over the last 2 years and never had a return - not even a keypad.  Just a com 300 that was broken from new.  You'd struggle to find something they cant do!  You can even have half the system ID with the right expansion module - I dont see Galaxys doing that!

22439[/snapback]

I'm right on everything :P

On a lighter note, i've been invited down to the texecom facility to see how they manufacture stuff and discuss any probs I have with their equipment,

this i will say, at least their open to discussion..

as for comparison with galaxy, get real, galaxy will trounce it...

come back and argue the point when you've a few years experiance under your belt :P

Regards

Bellman

Edited by bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

• 2 months later...
The prem 48s a lot better but the 24 does the job.

Weve fitted a few hundred and if there going to fail they do it on first power up otherwise they work and work well

texecom have even put little leds bewhind all the fuses that light up when a fuse blows ( cute ahh )

all in all good bits of kit..

and that s from a long term galaxy fan

The prem is the better pannel

22344[/snapback]

Sep 2nd, eh?

You must be very busy installing those premiers!

Happy Birthday. anyway :)

:cheersbeer.gif

:birthday:

If you don't know......ask.

• 10 years later...

I've fitted a Premier 48 and it is the best alarm I have ever used. I am not an installer but it's in my home and is excellent. Don't know much about the galaxy but these are some things that the TeX can do(don't know about the galaxy)

*X10 light and appliance control

*IP module for Wintex and the 3 different iOS and Android apps.

*8XPW and 32XPW to add 8/32 extra wireless zones to the alarm

The metal keypads do look awesome but not used any.

If i ever were an alarm installer, I would use the Texecom as my standard panel.

Also, I'd recommend the 48 over the 24 as it has Double Pole zonme connections.