Veritas Premier 24 - Any Comments?

Guest markjenk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MKAlarms

Hi Mark,

I suggest you take a look at one yourself and not be put off by bellman's comments.

We have installed over 200 of these panels since they came out earlier this year and have to say they are the best. We have not had a single one fail. If you want to make use of all the features (and there are a lot) then programming is best done through a laptop, but for the every day stuff its easy enough through the LCD keypads.

Yes the flush mount rkps are *very* nice, as for the price remember they are chrome plated die cast steel, you do have to pay for quality like that.

When reading through peoples opinions on here be aware of the politics involved. Last I heard bellman was working for //.National Installer.//, we win business over //.National Installer.// hand over fist using the Texecom stuff so //.National Installer.// tend not to be big fans (not surprising given that a Premier panel can do pretty much everything a galaxy can at a fraction of the price).

Everyone has their own favourite equipment and I know plenty of people on here do fit Premiers every day and love them. All I'm saying is give them a try, personally I think you'll be impressed.

MikeR

Edited by MKAlarms

When reading through peoples opinions on here be aware of the politics involved. Last I heard bellman was working for //.National Installer.//, we win business over //.National Installer.// hand over fist using the Texecom stuff so //.National Installer.// tend not to be big fans (not surprising given that a Premier panel can do pretty much everything a galaxy can at a fraction of the price).

Everyone has their own favourite equipment and I know plenty of people on here do fit Premiers every day and love them. All I'm saying is give them a try, personally I think you'll be impressed.

MikeR

22310[/snapback]

What has politics and my employer got to do with my opinion of the texecom panels?

I have spent over 8 years looking after them, so i'd say I'm experianced enough to comment.

and as for your comment on "does everything the galaxy does", are you on drugs!!! :lol:

the Galaxy will wipe the floor with the premier, and do remember how old the galaxy range of panels are...

NONE of the big co's use texecom equipment. (but most use Galaxy, funny that) <_< and if your quoting for inferior (cheaper) equipment, you will gain contracts from us, but there again, we will prob gain them back in a year or two when they break down. remember what i said in a previous post, buy cheap, buy twice.

why don't you quote your customers for the same equipment (sorry, i forgot, you can't as billy boy electrical wholesalers don't stock galaxy <_< ) as //.National Installer.// quoted and then see how competitive your quote is in comparison. or would that not get you enough jobs? It's easy to undercut the nationals when you fit tat.

telling the other user to ignore my comments is a bit unjust as I was asked for my opinion and i gave it. also I did mention that several people use them and nothing else.

Oh, and to clear any confusion up, I started installing texecom stuff several years before i came to //.National Installer.// so my opinions of them are nothing to do with them. do try to get your facts straight next time.

Have a go at my employer if u wish, but since when does who i work for cloud my opinion of equipment?

so to finalise, where's your problem, with //.National Installer.// or with my comments, as you are muddying the waters by dragging my employer into the fray..

Regards

Bellman

Edited by bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest MKAlarms
telling the other user to ignore my comments is a bit unjust as I was asked for my opinion and i gave it.

22317[/snapback]

Wooooooooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhh!

For petes sake Bellman! change the record can't you?

I never said he should "ignore your comments"! I said:

"I suggest you take a look at one yourself and not be put off by bellman's comments"

There's a big difference!

I've used both Galaxy and Premier and much prefer Premier. Mark is looking to upgrade a Veritas to something with a flush mount LCD - personally I think he would find a Premier 24 to be much more suitable than a full blown Galaxy (even if he could buy one).

If we all used the same equipment it would be a pretty dull industry.

Chill out and vive la difference.

MikeR

Mike,

He probably would find the Texecom better suits him, I just gave my experiences of their equipment..

and I never suggested he should put a galaxy in. I wouldn't put one in either as most domestic customers wouldn't appreciate the differences between the different panels, most go for what looks good. (which is a shame).

Yes, you are quite right, it would be dull if all was the same.

Variety is the spice of life so they say.. :unsure:

As for chilling out, I try my best,

But I do get a little "tense" at times. :P

Best Regards

Bellman

All friends again!

22331[/snapback]

Didn't notice we wern't :D

Heated discussion is good, it provokes debate about the issues raised. :P

cheers,

Regards

Bellman

Guest securityconsultant

The prem 48s a lot better but the 24 does the job.

Weve fitted a few hundred and if there going to fail they do it on first power up otherwise they work and work well

texecom have even put little leds bewhind all the fuses that light up when a fuse blows ( cute ahh )

all in all good bits of kit..

and that s from a long term galaxy fan

The prem is the better pannel