Security Installer Community

Live Dummy, To Sign Or Not To Sign

I have a customer who wants a live dummy bellbox. i.e. a fully powered bellbox with sounder disconnected and not connected to an alarm.

My dilema is whether to put my own signwritting on it.

On one hand it gives obvious advertising advantages, however on the other hand, it puts the integrity of my signage into question if the fact that this bell is a dummy becomes common knowledge. A dummy without power is one thing, but to imitate a working alarm makes me think a little more about it.

Opinions please and examples of common practices

Thanks

I would, the question is, wether i'd do the job in the first place, it would cost half the cost of a full alarm system. Cant see why a customer would go for it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

mr happy has the right idea.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

You can buy flashing leds to put in dummies seems easier than fitting a bellbox and powering it ? Not sure about selling the dummy logo'd in the first place it would really depend on the risk assesment

Hundreds of them being sold on the www, some legit I suspect but some not, but yes I'd agree and would agree the selling of dummy's to be damaging and also be looking to have the logo as an intellectual proprtey(?) and to be removed and replaced with a blank on all terminations.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived