Security Installer Community

Panels That Send Text Messages

kka

please provide me with a list thanks

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'TAP'?

With additional module Both ProSys 40/128, Prosys lite and Agility for wireless, which also has digi and voice alert built in. Can also email if GSM unit fitted.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Do a search, its been covered as to why tap pstn sms should never be used

you forget, not being registered I've been out of that side for a while, so I don't recognise the acronym

Ok tap is the most unreliable system when using the so called free ones.

crikey James it would be easier to suck treacle up a straw you lol!

WTF (i.e. What The Flip) dose it stand for i.e. T =  ,A =  ,P =  in the acronym? its unreliable so is it Tapping on the Apartment Pipes - what

crikey James it would be easier to suck treacle up a straw you lol!

WTF (i.e. What The Flip) dose it stand for i.e. T =  ,A =  ,P =  in the acronym? its unreliable so is it Tapping on the Apartment Pipes - what

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TAP+Protocol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you forget, not being registered I've been out of that side for a while, so I don't recognise the acronym

So because your not registered you can give your customer a piss poor solution.??

So because your not registered you can give your customer a piss poor solution.??

Exactely the same as you any registered installer. There are very good and very very bad!.

Insoectorates are a good idea - when they work!, but in this security trade they simply don't produce what they say they do, thats why i'm not regustered - i'm not a hypocrite.

A custmer complaining needs not to loose time in doing so. Don't forget to an inspectorate they pay a certificate fee for them to assure quality on THEIR behalf.

But what happens in real life? They get a letter saying "they are working with them".

Personally i think it's long overdue that trading standards got involved and ripped the cosy rug out.

Thise that really try ti maintain a hood standard must be sickenned when another si called restered installer is incapable or simply don't care, and usually it go's on fir many years.

Exactely the same as you any registered installer. There are very good and very very bad!.

Insoectorates are a good idea - when they work!, but in this security trade they simply don't produce what they say they do, thats why i'm not regustered - i'm not a hypocrite.

A custmer complaining needs not to loose time in doing so. Don't forget to an inspectorate they pay a certificate fee for them to assure quality on THEIR behalf.

But what happens in real life? They get a letter saying "they are working with them".

Personally i think it's long overdue that trading standards got involved and ripped the cosy rug out.

Thise that really try ti maintain a hood standard must be sickenned when another si called restered installer is incapable or simply don't care, and usually it go's on fir many years.

Well said that man

Well said that man

thank you, (sorry for typo's everyone).

if anyone cares to go back to my earliest post in here, with an open mind, it is 'where i came in'. i worked fir several companies under the old NSCIA flag, tbh the installation standards were very high. as in any organisation stupid things happened but got put right.

i subscribed the the theory being in an inspectorate meant by default you also had immense pride in what you do, that was really only upto the year before i left, to start up. Shield Protection was sold out to Honeywell, to increase Shields 'paper' worth every company they could get that had contracts they bought.

a lot of these companies were registered installers, not all were bad but some were unbelievable poor, rubbish that was not certificated suddenly was, basically Shield in my opinion went from high quality co. to anything goes, morale went through the floor as service engineers were working 15 hour days, just to keep up, no maintenance's were being done compounding the issues, but thats back then.

currently working on a site where last year before my evolvement there was a break-in, it has 24 hour on-site guards. format is ARC phones guard who then contacts his supervisor, who then decides if it s policed (this is due to previous black listing).

so one Friday, a detector triggered, guard resets, triggers again guard, not allowed to leave security post, unless another is available asked for it to be disabled, which the engineer remotes in and obligees on the guards authority, despite standing orders of authorisation only by management. - loss = over £400k. Grey area as guard requested but a mess-up.

After, they decide to do a full walk test, and found motion sensors tapped over in fact 60% of detection not working (TS.2500 system), at this point i'm invited in and asked to assess.

found 8 shutters not working, 2 with contacts completely missing, detectors damaged and loose fixings, connections made in 3" boxes - no lids. expander lid tamper contacts never used (link on). doors not working, corrosion in surface contacts - i.e. a massive list. a Mez floor installed but detection not moved making it virtually useless, a what used to be a rented out section, now used for storage but not reinstated.

if you consider this site is 300 x 200 meters, System has been in over at least 15 years, so natural alteration will occur, it is for the service engineer to advise the client to have alteration/additions and seek permission for sale to attend, this should be on paper and signed. the installer could not provide one copy when requested by the client of any disconnections notified, leaving them wide open to failure litigation.

it matters not to the client which inspectorate is 'looking after them' either badge is proclaimed as a sign of guaranteed quality - me thinks with my total respects if the good registered installers - that is not the case, and falls far below 'fit for purpose'.

Many thanks.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I'm sorry I couldn't even understand that will all the spelling mistakes.

I allways advice clients of extra works and panel upgrades etc. and any disconnections should be logged and the customer signed for. Who ever said that it shouldn't be.

I'm sorry I couldn't even understand that will all the spelling mistakes.

I allways advice clients of extra works and panel upgrades etc. and any disconnections should be logged and the customer signed for. Who ever said that it shouldn't be.

noyjing in forum regs about diction, spelling or composition

Archived