Security Installer Community

Utterly Useless Cctv Images

Driller

Agreed on the above but I always try to convince all customers to go for a mexapixel system. If no and it is going to be analog then we at least try to go for a full D1 DVR. We dont succeed always though since some people just want "cameras" and the cheapest price so then we go for the lower analog range equipment from the Dahua range. Something important that I am going to do very soon is to setup in our office demo systems so that the customers can see and compare cameras - I think this way we might be able to push more megapixel systems.

you can still lose work over £20.00 in the lower end, and then they won't spend more anyway. imho most just want the deterrent ir gadget value..

remote access is now very popular, and i think a good thing in that the sytem will be viewed more once the novelty wears off. iso's with low upload speeds cause problems with todays high res images due to bandwidth and file sizes.

to this end on unmanned sites, i have started adding a cheap laptop, then using logmein i can search much quicker as i'm only streaming the desktop.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

But surely the images you are searching would be pointless? Why not just drop the resolution and frame rate for streaming?

why pointless? i remote into the site slave pc, i am then viewing over the LAN as though in front of it, so at near the optimum speed with very little lag, i can fast forward etc to find what i need, then save the file to the site slave pc hd or it's external NAS which is far quicker than uploading it direct from the DVR. then using Big File i can send it to my office pc and i don't have to wait around.

if you drop frame rate you can miss small actions, dropping resolution defeats the object of high res cameras.

had the client gone with BT Infinity option 2, instead of Talk Talk it would be less of a problem.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

But surely the images you are searching would be pointless? Why not just drop the resolution and frame rate for streaming?

If he is using leviathan still then he wouldnt need to do that, the way that the footage is compressed it streams faster than most dvrs on the market even at d1 realtime. I can remotely pull footage off a leviathan based system as fast as if I were sitting in front of the machine, assuming that there is good adsl. Arfur I am puzzled as to why you are using logmein I cant see a valid reason for it, control would be laggy and the resolution through a third party such as lmi will be terrible, or are you using a different machine now?  

Id of thought log me in would be worse than direct to machine, but ivr never tried it.

I use Teamviewer direct into the machine when I want to update oraclewin or other drivers and software, the picture is viewable but not what you would call a useable image. I wouldnt want to use it to find an incident, obviosly the speed issue of saving directly to a hdd on the lan is quicker but most incidents are less than 10 minutes and finding it at burning it remotely would take less than 10 minutes, the lag would outweigh the time saved imho

Not sure if its a but if a lazy way of doing it but the dvrs we use has a task scheduler so we tend to ask it to pull a block of footage overnight and then look it at in the office next day and its quick as the footage is on our LAN.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived