Security Installer Community

Ats On Eng Reset

MrHappy

Grade 3 only

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

it's wasn't that bad (last time i touched an ATS was a TX Maxx and was 6 years ago!)  but it certainly isn't straight forward!

The end user loves you to bits. They asked about the dreaded chime. It's only just been put into the latest software but without installing buzzers it's a waste of time as the RAS volume is so small.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

can you do a link to the int siren?

Bit loud? Yes it is called macros. You would create an event flag called chime, put it in all the zones you want to chime, set a macro so when chime event flag went active to pulse the event flag of the siren for 1 second.

1 second isn't that long really, it prob takes half a second to actually get started and then dies off straight away.  might be perfect.  last last one was feckin loud anyway.

Bit loud? Yes it is called macros. You would create an event flag called chime, put it in all the zones you want to chime, set a macro so when chime event flag went active to pulse the event flag of the siren for 1 second.

or take it out & put something decent like a 9448 ?

Mr? Veritas God

Might be worth a try, I'll call them Tuesday as it might get us out of having to fit buzzers. One of my guys did something similar and because the output is labelled as internal siren, he presumed thats exactly what it was but the internal sin was driving a master blaster which if he'd have looked at the event flag it wild have told him. Now the board labels then S1 and S2 rather than int siren and ext siren its less easy to make the mistake.

Saying that customer knew when someone was at his front door!

or take it out & put something decent like a 9448 ?

@#$* off and leave my beloved, superior panels alone!

Might be worth a try, I'll call them Tuesday as it might get us out of having to fit buzzers. One of my guys did something similar and because the output is labelled as internal siren, he presumed thats exactly what it was but the internal sin was driving a master blaster which if he'd have looked at the event flag it wild have told him. Now the board labels then S1 and S2 rather than int siren and ext siren its less easy to make the mistake.

Saying that customer knew when someone was at his front door!

@#$* off and leave my beloved, superior panels alone!

Still can't fit speakers? Still using buzzers? Jesus it's 2013, lol

Doesn't sound like Aritech have moved on much from the CD95   :teehee: 

Still can't fit speakers? Still using buzzers? Jesus it's 2013, lol

Doesn't sound like Aritech have moved on much from the CD95   :teehee: 

You can fit speakers, just never bother. Rarley fit buzzers.

If you'd seen an ATS, you'd realise the only thing it has in relegation to a cd panel is its 4k7 resistors.

They have had to make a dumbed down version of it called advisor advanced for all the cd boys that couldn't make the grade of fitting ATS.

Whats that smell???

If you look at the programming of the advanced its a cd panel all over again. Even UTC refer to it as the retards panel.

Chubb have decided to adopt in in favour of px but ats is too complex a beast for our blue box friends.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you lot hate it. We get a reasonable amount of work from customers who have ATS and want support for it. Same as Chiron. Very popular in Europe but not in the UK.

If you look at the programming of the advanced its a cd panel all over again. Even UTC refer to it as the retards panel.

Chubb have decided to adopt in in favour of px but ats is too complex a beast for our blue box friends.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you lot hate it. We get a reasonable amount of work from customers who have ATS and want support for it. Same as Chiron. Very popular in Europe but not in the UK.

Oh god , Really can't be bothered to take over Chubb jobs with more ATS in.

Looks like I'll end up with a box full of ATS panels then.

We have a few on service but they are a pain for resets and nothing works the way it's supposed to.

Wonder if I can get a few 9448's to replace them with

wow.

Your comments dissing a whole companies engineering force are based on what foundation?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I don't think its that Chubb can't use the bigger ones , personally I think it's a case of they are cheaper and chubb were given a better price than what Guardall were giving them for the px panels.

It's not that the ATS isn't a good panel it's just way too complicated for most of the jobs that we do the Galaxy is more than capable of doing everything that we ,and I'm guess the majority of companies, need it do to.

I'll let Matt struggle with UTC to get his fixes . As he said there's not many firms around that use the ATS and he's obviously happy. They should rename it MASpanel

I don't think its that Chubb can't use the bigger ones , personally I think it's a case of they are cheaper and chubb were given a better price than what Guardall were giving them for the px panels.

It's not that the ATS isn't a good panel it's just way too complicated for most of the jobs that we do the Galaxy is more than capable of doing everything that we ,and I'm guess the majority of companies, need it do to.

I'll let Matt struggle with UTC to get his fixes . As he said there's not many firms around that use the ATS and he's obviously happy. They should rename it MASpanel

Indeed, I'm sure the commercial decision to use a control panel would rarely be based on functionality alone.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived