Security Installer Community

Hi. Lone Worker Device Advice Wanted.

pcaouolte

Thank you for all the replies.

The Scantronic Lone Worker system suggested by Goncall seems capable of doing what we want. I will investigate it further.

In this case the worker would not be alone for more than 2 hours at a time and wouldn't be alone on many days of the year. Other workers nearby are aware when he is working alone and see him at breaks.

The RA suggested that he could use his mobile to summon help in an emergency. I suggested that we should also try to cover the remote possibility that he could trip and become unconscious due to the fall and therefore be unable to make a call.

I take your point about monitored systems being tested at frequent intervals which is a plus point that I had not considered. I will give this further thought. Cost is not the major consideration here. I don't want a system which is complex to use, perhaps requiring the worker to log in and out with the monitoring station at the start and end of his periods of lone work, as complexity tends to result in a system which doesn't get used.

Archived