Security Installer Community

Help Once Again, (Pyronix Sterling 10)

g4m8l3r

There is a village near us and the local sparky made a killing installing these panels and now gone bust.

Every phonecall we say a panel upgrade as its not worth our time going back and forward with power issues etc.

the one man band has sussed this and now we are getting calls to take over the maintenance as he is not approved..... But he installs Gardtec and doesn't lock his panels (he probably doesn't know how to) so a few bits of wiring and programming and its an easy job for once lol! Uses our bell so a front cover and jobs a good one.

Iv got a feeling he used to work for us about 10 years ago.

!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a village near us and the local sparky made a killing installing these panels and now gone bust.

Every phonecall we say a panel upgrade as its not worth our time going back and forward with power issues etc.

the one man band has sussed this and now we are getting calls to take over the maintenance as he is not approved..... But he installs Gardtec and doesn't lock his panels (he probably doesn't know how to) so a few bits of wiring and programming and its an easy job for once lol! Uses our bell so a front cover and jobs a good one.

Iv got a feeling he used to work for us about 10 years ago.

Im not saying they are good panels, you guys are the engineers, I would rather use the veritas that I have in the garage but I dont have a keypad for it, so the only other option I have is to make use of the existing panel and rkp

Well dig out the manual and then fit the new devices as the others and then follow the programming. Then test to ensure all work.

Then do a regular walk test to ensure they still work.

It may last, it may not. If it does you have had a result.

Unfortunately we do not give out manuals.

Well dig out the manual and then fit the new devices as the others and then follow the programming. Then test to ensure all work.

Then do a regular walk test to ensure they still work.

It may last, it may not. If it does you have had a result.

Unfortunately we do not give out manuals.

thats fine I have the manual with me just was hoping for a bit of advice anything that may speed the process up before I start tomorrow

Not a dig at you g4 but its amazing how little value people put on their security for their homes ect, like the guy who had a gun pointed at his wifes head but didnt want to spend more that a couple of hundred quid.

Just find it puzzling

That was`nt directed at you in any way. Sorry if it came across like that.

It was just a comment to try and get the thread  away from the "bin it" attitude. Although even I have said it.

But as I mentioned the OP has said even a new keypad is out of the question for the veritas. Hell, if I had one I`d send it to him!

Just an update guys, The code that I had been given was incorrect so not off to a great start, I shorted out the NVM pins on power up battery first and luckily the engineer who had fitted it didn't enable the security option for it :) , I have also noticed that the tamper has just been shorted and not connected on any of the sensors, also the tamper on the panel had been cut and just bypassed so I have fitted the new PIR's that I have and wired the tamper correctly, ran new cable to move the keypad and for a new sensor, tested it all first and then set off programming. so far all is well, I keep doing a walk test and works every time.  Im not saying the panel is good but I guess im just one of the lucky ones that has a working panel, well at least for now. 

Archived