Security Installer Community

Help Once Again, (Pyronix Sterling 10)

g4m8l3r

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats the one, its been in this house for a few years, iv been in it for a few month, it sets and works fine for me, I have done a walk test and it works 100%, I just want to replace and add a few sensors, Im not currently able to purchase a different panel but I do have several door contacts and PIR's boxed new so it wont cost me anything to add them.   I do have a veritas 8 in the garage which is just for the garage, I put it there before I had the engineer code for this Sterling 10, I would put the veritas 8 in the house and just have the garage added on as a zone but I dont have a rkp for it and the place where the panel is mounted isn't accessible for arming and disarming 24/7

There is a village near us and the local sparky made a killing installing these panels and now gone bust.

Every phonecall we say a panel upgrade as its not worth our time going back and forward with power issues etc.

the one man band has sussed this and now we are getting calls to take over the maintenance as he is not approved..... But he installs Gardtec and doesn't lock his panels (he probably doesn't know how to) so a few bits of wiring and programming and its an easy job for once lol! Uses our bell so a front cover and jobs a good one.

Iv got a feeling he used to work for us about 10 years ago.

!

There is a village near us and the local sparky made a killing installing these panels and now gone bust.

Every phonecall we say a panel upgrade as its not worth our time going back and forward with power issues etc.

the one man band has sussed this and now we are getting calls to take over the maintenance as he is not approved..... But he installs Gardtec and doesn't lock his panels (he probably doesn't know how to) so a few bits of wiring and programming and its an easy job for once lol! Uses our bell so a front cover and jobs a good one.

Iv got a feeling he used to work for us about 10 years ago.

Im not saying they are good panels, you guys are the engineers, I would rather use the veritas that I have in the garage but I dont have a keypad for it, so the only other option I have is to make use of the existing panel and rkp

Archived