Security Installer Community

Help Once Again, (Pyronix Sterling 10)

g4m8l3r

Right so I have a Pyronix Sterling 10 in my property but until yesterday I didn't have the codes for it, It has 3 PIR's and 1 Reed Switch, 2 of the PIR's need replacing as someone has painted over the bottom part of them, also the reed switch is no longer working as someone has cut through the cable and then instead of rewiring they have just disconnected it in the panel, so in total I need to replace 2 PIR's, 1 Reed Switch and then add another 3 Reed Switches. I do have an engineers manual somewhere for it which I can dig out but I wondered if you could offer any advice or anything. Sorry for the long message, Thanks in advance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the panel out, and carefully smash it up with a hammer.

Hope this helps .....

Edit- forget being careful. They are horrible panels and I avoid them at all costs.

If your not going to help please don't bother posting. 

and you got some. Good advice too

Thanks

OP

I'm not sure what advice your after your post is just stating what you need to do not asking for help.

But here it goes -

So you have enoufht unused zones to add each device separately or are you doubling up on a zone ?

Is the system working at the moment ? ( before you starting messing with it ?

Is your bin big enough to accommodate the sterling a panel and its horrid rkp?

( sorry I couldn't resist)

If your not going to help please don't bother posting.

if paint is emulsion it should clean off the case / lenses w/o issue.

IMHO the controls are a steaming turd, use a 20oz claw hammer & safety specs...

Mr? Veritas God

Also the "reed switch" might work even tho the cables to it have been cut, teste the contact before replacing.

You don't sound like you know a great deal about alarm systems and I suggest you get in a qualified/experienced engineer before you make it worse

Nasty panel. :no: I must agree with the others that the big black thing in the back yard is the best option and put something such as a R8 in, especially as the cost of doing so would be quite low.

Take the panel out, and carefully smash it up with a hammer.

Hope this helps .....

Edit- forget being careful. They are horrible panels and I avoid them at all costs.

Would you need something as strong as a hammer to destroy this excuse for an alarm panel :boxing:

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

ok so il dig out the manual then.

I know it sounds like we are all taking the piss , and we are but it's for a reason.

As above change it for a veritas or something else. May I recommend a Bently 2043

I know it sounds like we are all taking the piss , and we are but it's for a reason.

As above change it for a veritas or something else. May I recommend a Bently 2043

I suppose our reaction can sometimes seem irrational after all an alarm is an alarm right? I remember when I first got an a1 omnicron from b&q and installing it thinking it was the muts nuts and when I added a speech dialler then well, how impressive was that. It rang me if the alarm went off. It's only years of doing this job why we hate certain kit with a passion. When I got my hands on a galaxy it made my a1 special look rather like skip food but before I'd seen something better I really believed that the a1 kit was all that. (I was still at school at the time)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

but you hate galaxy too matt.. O_O

I suppose our reaction can sometimes seem irrational after all an alarm is an alarm right? I remember when I first got an a1 omnicron from b&q and installing it thinking it was the muts nuts and when I added a speech dialler then well, how impressive was that. It rang me if the alarm went off. It's only years of doing this job why we hate certain kit with a passion. When I got my hands on a galaxy it made my a1 special look rather like skip food but before I'd seen something better I really believed that the a1 kit was all that. (I was still at school at the time)

thats the one, its been in this house for a few years, iv been in it for a few month, it sets and works fine for me, I have done a walk test and it works 100%, I just want to replace and add a few sensors, Im not currently able to purchase a different panel but I do have several door contacts and PIR's boxed new so it wont cost me anything to add them.   I do have a veritas 8 in the garage which is just for the garage, I put it there before I had the engineer code for this Sterling 10, I would put the veritas 8 in the house and just have the garage added on as a zone but I dont have a rkp for it and the place where the panel is mounted isn't accessible for arming and disarming 24/7

Archived