Security Installer Community

the mini is a stand alone product, the end user likes them.

On the commercial range, and remember we only have a thousand of them out there (we don`t really go outside Sheffield Matt) we would have preferred Risco resister values over DP but thats alarm politics for you.

chirps below freezing too? only happened on the nova 2

I'm assuming this 1000 is since selling to whoever you sold to?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

full to me mate, I`m not very tech as you know - it sends me alerts, I tell it to unlock a door.

id suggest you really do look into how they work then, its easy to think all is ok. Drill down into the mechanics of it all, im sure like me you will probably sh## yourself on how loose it actually is. Have a play with your secure, a proper break in type play and let me know your thoughts? 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

not knowing how many you had of course, seems odd that you couldn't make it pay.

we had just over 200 redcares, and 1200 other sites on service all been done by yours truly for the last 5 months, needed more staff and investment - someone made me an offer that I couldn`t match in-house, would have been over 80 years old to get the same return. 

No brainer really.

We`re now the biggest co. in the region, have all the approvals, BAFE etc and I get support when I need it.

That, and I get paid holidays!

we had just over 200 redcares, and 1200 other sites on service all been done by yours truly for the last 5 months, needed more staff and investment - someone made me an offer that I couldn`t match in-house, would have been over 80 years old to get the same return. 

No brainer really.

We`re now the biggest co. in the region, have all the approvals, BAFE etc and I get support when I need it.

That, and I get paid holidays!

no fun though, I still like selling a big job and making my own money, could never go back. For the 5 years I had a job I was just waiting.

As for you figures, I would have been making good money and maybe 3 staff, must of been charging peanuts for the maintenance and not winning much install work.

no fun though, I still like selling a big job and making my own money, could never go back. For the 5 years I had a job I was just waiting.

As for you figures, I would have been making good money and maybe 3 staff, must of been charging peanuts for the maintenance and not winning much install work.

I cant go into actual figures as you`ll understand but no, we`re one of the most expensive co`s in the area - it simply was we were paying too much back in loan repayments every month, we could have traded through it but I had had enough.

I cant go into actual figures as you`ll understand but no, we`re one of the most expensive co`s in the area - it simply was we were paying too much back in loan repayments every month, we could have traded through it but I had had enough.

Of course not, I meant your system totals when I said figures. This might sound daft, did you not think about that before hand? Or would it be fair to say you just were not cut out for it?

Must be one hell of a loan to make 1400 sites not pay.

Or would it be fair to say you just were not cut out for it?

I`ll excuse the rude question LOL.

Biggest problem I had, the thing I wasnt prepared for and the reason i lost interest - staff, sorry to all the non owners on here but that`s the plain fact.

Some people are staff focused, I`m not, customers I can do, my new oppo can`t stand Joe public but the lads love him - balances out nicely.

lol, we all have things we are not cut out for, you have to try to find out. I have very low patience and tolerance, it gets on everybodys nerves, including mine. 

I hate most things to do with staff and low end or over expecant customers (ie small domestics), necessary evil.

I`ll excuse the rude question LOL.

Biggest problem I had, the thing I wasnt prepared for and the reason i lost interest - staff, sorry to all the non owners on here but that`s the plain fact.

Some people are staff focused, I`m not, customers I can do, my new oppo can`t stand Joe public but the lads love him - balances out nicely.

Out of intrest, would love to know what monitored contracts are going for these days x 1, x 2 ??

sadly its dependant on contract and kit. You will get more for galaxy less for tex. Buy price is 1-2 dependant on the above. Days of 3-5 have long gone due to diluting he industry. Most wont bother buying from you they will go straight to your customer.

Pleasant reading the above its like reding all my old posts

Customers!

Most don't want names, they want contracts.I agree you may get a little more from a local firm if they wanted the name.

I could never see a time I would ever sell for 1-2 times, would have to be in a mess for that to ever be worth it.

Most don't want names, they want contracts.I agree you may get a little more from a local firm if they wanted the name.

oh I agree mate, we did very well.

There was just over 5 times more between the lowest and the highest offer, the job at the end was icing on the cake.

oh I agree mate, we did very well.

There was just over 5 times more between the lowest and the highest offer, the job at the end was icing on the cake.

Special cases. :)

Jeff 20 x Euro 46 L at ADI.

across the branches that's what we have had to settle on. We're Euro one.

does he still have his own software pre-loaded though?

He does

Customers!

• 1 month later...

I am bit confused by this thread - I was of the opinion that Pyronix is one of the best UK brands. From everything I have read most installers are really happy with Pyronix/Castle panels. Is this not correct?

I am bit confused by this thread - I was of the opinion that Pyronix is one of the best UK brands. From everything I have read most installers are really happy with Pyronix/Castle panels. Is this not correct?

Where did you read that, Pyronixs website? They produce some of the cheapest, nastiest **** on the market.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Where did you read that, Pyronixs website? They produce some of the cheapest, nastiest **** on the market.

Matthew,

this was from a general search here that resulted to several threads. Serach for Pyronix, Castle or Enforcer and you will find them.

We have installed a few PCX and Matrix systems ourselves and we have had no problems so far but to be honest personally I have no epxerience with other brands so I cannot compare. The Enforcer wireless has also good reccomendations here.

Archived