Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas 8 Alarm Panel Help!

g4m8l3r

I had an 11m pirate radio so had access to fm,am,lsb,ssb etc and it fascinated me that different ones could do such different things in terms if distance and sound. It gave me the foundation stones to eventually become a ham. I don't think kids today care less how anything works. There's an app for that as they say.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed again.

P1ssed me off when I had to rebuild the sons mountain bikes because they didnt know how to change brakes, upgrade gears renew stretched cables.

They expected new bikes.

Soon changed their grins when I told them I had new stuff and when they came over  gave them spanners, and all the parts.

Now they know some basic mechanics too.

It seems to be the simple things that flaws them. I'm no mechanic but I could change a tyre or a battery to get me out of a hole or jump my car.

I wonder what they learn in schools these days. My daughters as bad. Anything doesn't work IT wise, ask dad. Why bother researching as this techno stuff is boring and my dad knows how to do it. I'm the complete opposite, I want to know how to do it so I'm it dependant on someone else.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Cable run?

Voltage drop?

Tried using a DVM and testing the voltages and power?

Errr  12vdc and trig?  what about the hard neg?

iv put the sirens cable directly onto the terminals to make sure the cable length wouldn't cause problems, I have 13v coming from the bell output, sorry it is a hard neg and a positive trigger.

I have put the siren on the hard 12v+/- and it is at full volume.

Archived