Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas 8 Alarm Panel Help!

g4m8l3r

Hi guys, new to this forum so just like to say hello to anyone thats reading....
a few years ago a friend of mine gave me a veritas 8 alarm panel, I was just talking about wiring my shed upto my current alarm system or putting a simple little one with a loud siren in just for the shed, shortly after he brought be a veritas 8 USED along with a (if i remember correctly) citdel belbox, with a engineers manual and codes, I set it all up and it was working for 18month or so however recently I have moved house so iv taken it with me, iv now come to wire it up to my garage, its all programmed now tested and works fine with the internal sounder, however I did loose track of my bell box that I previously had, now I do have some 12v 150ma 115db sirens kicking about , how would I go about wiring one of these up to the panel?

Thanks in advance

Craig

just connect them to 12v and the bell output on the panel. Just watch your output current.

Lol. I remember before I got into doing this for a living buying a1 alarm kits from b&q and wiring 4 bells to 1 panel. Ouch. Also paralleled the tampers up as I knew no better at the time.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

i probably wouldny of admitted that lol.

id guess most spark would prefer normally open detectors

Not sure it will do my reputation much good! Just shows though how a numpty DIYer can learn all the way up the ranks. I was about 13 at the time. I hooked a radio transmitter (about 30a current draw at 12v) over 200m of flex and I couldn't work out why it wouldn't work. My introduction to voltage drop . . .

Think I was about 11 and my dad gave me a box of relays and contacts. Some bells, cable and a 6ah battery.

I soon found out shorting across the battery gave you a hot hand and melted plastic.

Got it working though, (Forgot , pressure mats too). Mum would come in the bedroom and open a wardrobe and the bells would latch on..............really funny as I was at school and had the key for the keyswitch!!!

A few slaps convinced me to leave her a key :D

ah 13. 

I was making control panels at school (basic granted) and writing software on the bbc. 

My GSCE in computer studies was quite a complex app called 'alarm manager' Got me a B. 

The code was good but i didnt do the required paperwork on it. I hate paper!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Think I was about 11 and my dad gave me a box of relays and contacts. Some bells, cable and a 6ah battery.

I soon found out shorting across the battery gave you a hot hand and melted plastic.

Got it working though, (Forgot , pressure mats too). Mum would come in the bedroom and open a wardrobe and the bells would latch on..............really funny as I was at school and had the key for the keyswitch!!!

A few slaps convinced me to leave her a key :D

But wasn't it doing stuff like this that made us engineers rather than to the numpties that claim they are these days? I took the back of a TV as a kid for a poke around and unplugged from the mains for 'safety', touched a capacitor and ended up in next week. My introduction to capacitors. Although I was a kid, remember these mad experiments as if they were yesterday and I learnt so much from them. Having a cb and playing with different bands and antennas taught me so much about radio.

Agree.

Loved the electronics kits you could and can still buy from Maplins.

Then it was the top toy shops (Am older than you remember).

Licked the Scalextric Track once, that stung. Bet with brother, no wonder he became a Plumber/Charge hand.

We used to bleed over everyone when in the car, kept the base station low. ISH

I had an 11m pirate radio so had access to fm,am,lsb,ssb etc and it fascinated me that different ones could do such different things in terms if distance and sound. It gave me the foundation stones to eventually become a ham. I don't think kids today care less how anything works. There's an app for that as they say.

Agreed again.

P1ssed me off when I had to rebuild the sons mountain bikes because they didnt know how to change brakes, upgrade gears renew stretched cables.

They expected new bikes.

Soon changed their grins when I told them I had new stuff and when they came over  gave them spanners, and all the parts.

Now they know some basic mechanics too.

It seems to be the simple things that flaws them. I'm no mechanic but I could change a tyre or a battery to get me out of a hole or jump my car.

I wonder what they learn in schools these days. My daughters as bad. Anything doesn't work IT wise, ask dad. Why bother researching as this techno stuff is boring and my dad knows how to do it. I'm the complete opposite, I want to know how to do it so I'm it dependant on someone else.

Cable run?

Voltage drop?

Tried using a DVM and testing the voltages and power?

Errr  12vdc and trig?  what about the hard neg?

iv put the sirens cable directly onto the terminals to make sure the cable length wouldn't cause problems, I have 13v coming from the bell output, sorry it is a hard neg and a positive trigger.

I have put the siren on the hard 12v+/- and it is at full volume.

Panel in scb mode?

Got a b in electronics and cdt gcse for my ultrasonic wirefree disabled alarm, a joint project shared between the two :)

sorry scb mode? what is that exactly?, sorry this is the first and only alarm iv ever fitted so very limited knowledge on these.

Archived