Security Installer Community

Ifsec Moves To London

Why?

Still a change to get to DLR.

Might as well stay at Canary Wharf.

I like Kensington, so that's where I usually stay. Plus its on the circle line so Kingscross, Kensington, Tower etc all easy to do for a novice like me.

And I absolutely dont do buses.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 9 months later...

last one in London? I presume was what you meant....... if so Not me

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Last IFSEC in London was years ago, did secureX quite a bit at Earls Court back in the day which was ok..... but by the end you could understand why it died.

Think that the Excel this year will be interesting, but not holding my breath about it being any better than Brum Last year. But i personally think that it has been dying for years and should be every other year with road shows.

I will be there anyways though.

Well thats my tuppence worth anyways.

• 1 year later...

Glad it has, would like to go this year as it was a nice experience when i was an apprentice, anyone here done the apprentice skills challenge? i think i took part in the 06 one. Done miserably as you had to wire a booth with 3 detectors and setup a redcare gsm in about 20 minutes! i dont think i even got the lids on the trunking let alone progging up a redcare gsm which back in the day was about 40 steps haha

Edited by Rob Kirk

I went this year for the first time. Drove from Manchester £20 parking was no problem. Boss wanted to drive to Amersham then tube straight through central London during rush hour! Was fine driving and as there were 2 of us economical as well. Only did one day and in all honesty it was enough really. Was excited before but felt it wasn't really worth it. 

I would have liked to have done a second day but only to go to H&S part which I am quite interested in. One day was enough for the security IMHO.

At the SSAIB regional meeting they asked what people thoughts were on it and the fact it was in London was the major reason people don't go. It was also said how that manufacturers are pretty good at keeping people up to date with products so there also less inclination to go on that front.