Security Installer Community

Looking For A Few Days Mentorship From Anyone In Ssaib

MODS - HAPPY FOR YOUR COMMENTS OR ADVICE BEFORE YOU POST THIS, IF APPROVED.

In a nutshell, I am happy to give someone in SSAIB one, two or 3 days free help on a URN'd job, as long as as you are happy to chat through how you risk assessed the job, inc. the SSAIB paperwork, and the procedures for connecting to the ARC etc...

I have many years experience with fitting systems, and am pretty confident with my regs, but would be more than happy to help in any way with labouring, going to the depot for parts, making tea, cable pulling, crawling into tight spaces as my athletic frame will allow, etc... as long as you were happy to spend an hour or two on the above topics!

Obviously the closer to WsM the better for everyone, but realistically I don't expect someone round the corner to help a potential competitor, plus the fact the general perception of some of our locals, SSAIB, NSI or whatever doesn't exactly leave me wanting to spend a day with them.

I won't be surprised or offended if this post causes some 'chatter' but it feels like a sensible idea to me and no different to the two years I spent effectively working for free for the ambulance service as a 'student'. Except its 3 days max!

cheers, Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I've done the same with some of my local competitors, but equally would understand someones reluctance to.

In a way it's no different to you hiring a consultant as in effect the help you are giving is the payment for the advice. Just one minor issue though, as you're not vetted in line with the rules, the approved co would be on dodgy ground as the risk assesment and other info you would want to know for the live job requires clear pnc and vetting to be at least underway.

Not looking to throw spanners as I think it's admirable you asking rather than just jumping in with both feet, lets see if you get any more local offers.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I applaud your idea and think it would be good for you to do this. I cant help as i dont own my own co and my job role changes dailly so dont know when id be doing the next urn alarm job. Your ask for help or guidance in this area shows your strength and not a weakness, and proves you want to do it right. Well done and good luck!

I applaud this attitude also.

Now why it wont happen,

Scarred you`ll nick jobs.

Be better than them.

The "vetting" system.

But most of all.

Too many here hold themselves above others.

Bet this sits in the mod approval lounge for a month !

if you want a bit of help, PM me and we can discuss the topic, yep SSAIB approved, comms no problem

ARC connection no problem, Honeywell Galaxy trained engineer, but can do most other panels.

WSM not a problem either, even though we are based in Hampshire we have a branch opening in Yeovil

documentation is no prob, have you got a copy of what you need or do you need the relevant docs?

Oasis

I've done the same with some of my local competitors, but equally would understand someones reluctance to.

In a way it's no different to you hiring a consultant as in effect the help you are giving is the payment for the advice. Just one minor issue though, as you're not vetted in line with the rules, the approved co would be on dodgy ground as the risk assesment and other info you would want to know for the live job requires clear pnc and vetting to be at least underway.

Not looking to throw spanners as I think it's admirable you asking rather than just jumping in with both feet, lets see if you get any more local offers.

to get approval you would need to have screening done (we use these guys - http://www.hantec.co.uk/).  this would be a good place to start first.

if you want a bit of help, PM me and we can discuss the topic, yep SSAIB approved, comms no problem

ARC connection no problem, Honeywell Galaxy trained engineer, but can do most other panels.

WSM not a problem either, even though we are based in Hampshire we have a branch opening in Yeovil

documentation is no prob, have you got a copy of what you need or do you need the relevant docs?

Oasis

Branch in Yeovil?

yes paul, we are opening a satelite branch in yeovil.

the reason is, because we can, and i also live there.

also there are so many ubtapped sites there, and i would rather take there hard earned money then let it go to the bigger firms

and it will be fun as well.

Oasis

yes paul, we are opening a satelite branch in yeovil.

the reason is, because we can, and i also live there.

also there are so many ubtapped sites there, and i would rather take there hard earned money then let it go to the bigger firms

and it will be fun as well.

Oasis

i don't think that was the answer paul was looking for..

Thanks for all your replies. RFS do you mean that I should submit myself for screening? I used to have CRB for the ambulance service, and still would have as I'm still on the bank, except that last year they decided very suddenly they would rely on, well, er, god knows what to take its place. I know that the whole stupid thing about CRB is that it would only have been valid for that one employer, but was assuming the fact I had it would have helped the process along. How much would this cost? Do I need to do this anyway to do any kind of SSAIB work?

I applaud this attitude also.

Now why it wont happen,

Scarred you`ll nick jobs.

Thats why I'm not looking locally, so very unlikely. Possible though I agree!

Be better than them.

But most of all.

Too many here hold themselves above others.

If they hold themselves that high, its unlikely they will consider me better! Again true, but no more so than any other industry, again I (we) as students got the same when I trained as a paramedic, it happens, you learn to filter out the good stuff.

The "vetting" system.

Hopefully there are ways round that. I'm guessing if someone was to just spend a day with me that didn't involve attending a 'live' install it would not be an issue.

Bet this sits in the mod approval lounge for a month !

Not this time :proud:

Oasis I've got lots to sort out right now, especially the website, but will definately be in touch via PM soon. I've got links to Shepton Mallet so Yeovil would be ideal if it gets off the ground.

cheers,

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived