Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Power Down Question

Zemme

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An example of the customer interface:

selfmon-events.png

That looks really good, especially for the price you are offering it out that. Presumably if they are self installing they agree to waiver any liablity of you not responding to an alarm?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hi All

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Yes, I am installing the Selfmon LCE-01 IP Module.

It will allow me to use the Virtual Keypad & the Selfmon.

The Virtual Keypad is the main reason for installing the LCE-01 IP Module.

Regards

Zemme

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update on the Raspberry Pi self contained within a Dimension panel. I know that there were a few discussions in the past on low cost GSM/IP capable communicators, home automation and the likes. Here the Pi is providing an IP address to the Galaxy panel which can be connected to with RSS and any other compatible IP applications. This effort is for a sub £50 solution.

The implementation below is running the Java based virtual keypad HTTP server (inset). Sorry about the image quality, I just snapped it on the bench with my phone.

gpi.jpg

• 4 months later...

Do you have to have Static IP address from your ISP for this to work? Or at least run something like no-ip?

Ive got a galaxy system -  not sure what type it is though! Need to power it up and log into it or dust off the chips inside I guess.

'till the next question ...

For the Android app, you will need some way to resolve your WAN IP address if it's dynamic. Alternatively, if using SelfMon, for event reporting, there is now an On-Demand virtual keypad in the menu system, which launches an HTTP based keypad that connects to your panel. The system uses the last IP address that sent an event to your account, so this works with non static WAN IP addresses.

Archived