Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Power Down Question

Zemme

Hi All

Hope all is well.

I hope this is not a stupid question. I thank you in advance.

I've purchased a Honeywell galaxy ethernet module. I have a query in relation to powering down the panel prior to installing it.

When i have put the panel into engineers mode, and disconnect the fused spur, i will have to remove the backup battery power also.

Will the external bellbox sound, when the backup battery power is removed?

Appreciate your reply. Great forum.

Regards

Zemme

Why?

Admittedly never put one on anything less than a bigger G3 but...............................

I'm presuming from the OP that this is a DIY installation. What's a DIY installation going to use an Ethernet mod for?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I'm presuming from the OP that this is a DIY installation. What's a DIY installation going to use an Ethernet mod for?

Self monitoring their Galaxy system with extended format IP Comm's.

Self monitoring their Galaxy system with extended format IP Comm's.

Sending the signals to where? As far as I was aware the Ethernet mod can talk to a limited amount of IP receivers or the alarm monitoring software that Honeywell do. Neither are really DIY stuff. Does it do something else that I've missed?

I run a cloud based service for all the Galaxy panels fitted with IP. Provides automated voice, SMS and E-mail for the Galaxy events. This is geared towards the 'niche' lower end of the market where customers were previously using TAP. There's a low cost (£49) dedicated Ethernet module for the G2 panels and I have the Raspberry Pi currently running on Dimension and G3 panels in the office. I'm also looking at supporting dual path with cheap plug in USB GSM dongles.

I run a cloud based service for all the Galaxy panels fitted with IP. Provides automated voice, SMS and E-mail for the Galaxy events. This is geared towards the 'niche' lower end of the market where customers were previously using TAP. There's a low cost (£49) dedicated Ethernet module for the G2 panels and I have the Raspberry Pi currently running on Dimension and G3 panels in the office. I'm also looking at supporting dual path with cheap plug in USB GSM dongles.

Interesting, I didn't know someone was providing such a service outside of a traditional ARC using VRT.

How does a prospect know that you do this, do you advertise it online or do you generally do it for your own customers only?

An example of the customer interface:

selfmon-events.png

That looks really good, especially for the price you are offering it out that. Presumably if they are self installing they agree to waiver any liablity of you not responding to an alarm?

Hi All

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Yes, I am installing the Selfmon LCE-01 IP Module.

It will allow me to use the Virtual Keypad & the Selfmon.

The Virtual Keypad is the main reason for installing the LCE-01 IP Module.

Regards

Zemme

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update on the Raspberry Pi self contained within a Dimension panel. I know that there were a few discussions in the past on low cost GSM/IP capable communicators, home automation and the likes. Here the Pi is providing an IP address to the Galaxy panel which can be connected to with RSS and any other compatible IP applications. This effort is for a sub £50 solution.

The implementation below is running the Java based virtual keypad HTTP server (inset). Sorry about the image quality, I just snapped it on the bench with my phone.

gpi.jpg

• 4 months later...

Do you have to have Static IP address from your ISP for this to work? Or at least run something like no-ip?

Ive got a galaxy system -  not sure what type it is though! Need to power it up and log into it or dust off the chips inside I guess.

'till the next question ...

For the Android app, you will need some way to resolve your WAN IP address if it's dynamic. Alternatively, if using SelfMon, for event reporting, there is now an On-Demand virtual keypad in the menu system, which launches an HTTP based keypad that connects to your panel. The system uses the last IP address that sent an event to your account, so this works with non static WAN IP addresses.

Selfmon is a cloud based monitoring platform which receives and queues extended message events from the Galaxy range of panels via IP. 

There are three flavours of the virtual keypad app:

1. Android app - runs on Android based devices.

2. HTTP server app - runs on any Java based computer and serves up the virtualkeypad to any compatible web browser.

3. On demand HTTP server app which runs on the SelfMon platform - enables web based launch of the virtual keypad in any compatible web browser.

Archived