Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Power Down Question

Zemme

Hi All

Hope all is well.

I hope this is not a stupid question. I thank you in advance.

I've purchased a Honeywell galaxy ethernet module. I have a query in relation to powering down the panel prior to installing it.

When i have put the panel into engineers mode, and disconnect the fused spur, i will have to remove the backup battery power also.

Will the external bellbox sound, when the backup battery power is removed?

Appreciate your reply. Great forum.

Regards

Zemme

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

Admittedly never put one on anything less than a bigger G3 but...............................

I'm presuming from the OP that this is a DIY installation. What's a DIY installation going to use an Ethernet mod for?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I'm presuming from the OP that this is a DIY installation. What's a DIY installation going to use an Ethernet mod for?

Self monitoring their Galaxy system with extended format IP Comm's.

Self monitoring their Galaxy system with extended format IP Comm's.

Sending the signals to where? As far as I was aware the Ethernet mod can talk to a limited amount of IP receivers or the alarm monitoring software that Honeywell do. Neither are really DIY stuff. Does it do something else that I've missed?

I run a cloud based service for all the Galaxy panels fitted with IP. Provides automated voice, SMS and E-mail for the Galaxy events. This is geared towards the 'niche' lower end of the market where customers were previously using TAP. There's a low cost (£49) dedicated Ethernet module for the G2 panels and I have the Raspberry Pi currently running on Dimension and G3 panels in the office. I'm also looking at supporting dual path with cheap plug in USB GSM dongles.

I run a cloud based service for all the Galaxy panels fitted with IP. Provides automated voice, SMS and E-mail for the Galaxy events. This is geared towards the 'niche' lower end of the market where customers were previously using TAP. There's a low cost (£49) dedicated Ethernet module for the G2 panels and I have the Raspberry Pi currently running on Dimension and G3 panels in the office. I'm also looking at supporting dual path with cheap plug in USB GSM dongles.

Interesting, I didn't know someone was providing such a service outside of a traditional ARC using VRT.

How does a prospect know that you do this, do you advertise it online or do you generally do it for your own customers only?

Archived