Security Installer Community

Ghost stories

Guest redarrow007

I've done two jobs at haunted farmhouses.

One call out was in response to false alarms in the early hours.

I had fitted the system in the summer, and I suppose I hadn't surveyed the house properly...

It seems that in the winter, they use the old coal fire, and it was when the fire was dying down that the temperature must have been just right to trigger the pir which was facing the fireplace (yeah, poor surveying! - but who has an open fire anymore?)

I was relieved to find a reason, and was able to mask the relevant area of the pir and no more problems.

I jokingly mentioned that if I hadn't found a reason, I would have blamed it on a ghost...

She replied totally calmly, "oh, we've got one of those here".

I didn't stay there too much longer!

Another job one night was at another very old farmhouse not that far from the first. It was weired working in there. Huge rooms, and very poor lighting. To get from one end of the farmhouse to the other, meant walking through the huge "hall", which had hopeless lighting. You could sense being watched...

Later on, a conversaion with the farmers daughter :wub: revealed that the farm was haunted. I bravely said it's a load of cobblers and she shouldn't be worried. "It's yer brain playin' tricks" I told her. "Normally, your eyes see something, and they tell your brain what they have seen. Sometimes your brain gets confused and 'tells' your eyes they have seen something" I said confidently.

"Oh no, it's quite true. We often look out of the kitchen window and see a 'Victorian Gentleman' striding around in his top hat and tails. We've all seen him"

I didn't stay too much longer!

Actually, I have been back many many times, and always look out for this guy. As yet, he hasn't revealed himself. Lets hope he doesn't!!!

Quite a co-incidence, because today I've been back to the second Farmhouse.

I needed to work in the bathroom, and had to keep going upstairs and downstairs. The farmer was in the lounge at the far end of the house...asleep. I had seen him through the window as I walked round the front of the house when I arrived. His wife asked me if I knew where everything was, and once I confirmed a couple of details, she said she was going out and would be back in 40 mins.

I was all alone...it was getting dark and the lighting is very poor in the house...

It's a big house. I hadn't been upstairs much in the past, and this time I looked down the landing at all the bedroom doors, and counted them...all 6 of them. How lucky they were to live in such a beautiful old house. If only all the lights worked, and those that did could do with proper sized bulbs!!!

Anyway, back downstairs, and back upstairs...back downstairs...back upstairs. It was creepy. I could sense being watched...

Suddenly I saw something move outside a window....Oh...it's a cat on the window ledge outside!!

However...on my next journey upstairs...what did I see...one of the bedroom doors was wide open!

OMG! Hurry up, get the job done and get home!!!

• 3 months later...

I was shown some footage from a system I installed a couple of years ago at a shopping centre in Norwich.

The Locked main entrance door unlocked and shot opened, in the reflection of the glass goor was the semi clear image of a person standing there. As the door opened a yellow cleaners cone went flying.

The Access control system, shear locks and cameras were all working.

strange things happen in Norfolk :rolleyes:

I was shown some footage from a system I installed a couple of years ago at a shopping centre in Norwich.

The Locked main entrance door unlocked and shot opened, in the reflection of the glass goor was the semi clear image of a person standing there. As the door opened a yellow cleaners cone went flying.

The Access control system, shear locks and cameras were all working.

strange things happen in Norfolk :rolleyes:

You're telling me, don't the locals all have webbed toes, 3 ears and that sort of thing, your uncles your cousins sister sort of place.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 1 year later...

This isn't particularly spooky but I got called out once at about 3am to a really big old mill in Oldham due to false alarm. After looking through the panel log, almost all the detectors in a certain part of the mill had been tripped in order from one part of the mill to the other. There was no way anyone had been in there and no animals/birds etc as all the individual doors were locked. It was a customer storage warehouse so every single partition was locked up and completely secure. That spooked me a bit as I couldn't see ANY other reason for all these tripped detectors - and not all at the same time either, so it wasn's a PSU fault or anything. The times they'd been tripped matched the time it would take someone to 'walk' the route of the tripped DT's!

There was no way I was wandering around up there on my own! Hehe!

Wooooooooooooo! :rolleyes:

Kate C

x

In 1991 I met with a security guard at an upmarket travel agents in Henley On Thames, not a High Street one - this was one for millionares. I went to investigate a false alarm,it was approx 11pm, as we walked through plush offices we could hear a door repeatedly slamming, we came to the door - it was an internal door to a small office off a corridor, we were speechless and made a run for the reception area. The guard called his office he could hardly speak, telling them we were leaving the site and trying to explain why. I half filled in my docket on my car bonnet, got a shaky signature and we both left. I returned to the site later that year, the receptionist told me about a guard who recently ran someone down on the driveway to the premises she asked if I knew about the incident, the guard was signed off sick but apparently no one was injured. Freaks me out to this day - I can still see that slamming door.

Edited by jptaylor

• 3 years later...

Most Scary thing I ever saw was in my Trainee Monkey Days A*T trainee. 

We were at a Old mental Hospital being converted into a Posh Spa and Hotel,  So we were taking out the Old Alarms and fitting new ones.  During this we had a Onsite Security and that morning when going in as normal there was the Area Manager in Cabin looking like he saw a ghost and they never said nothing.  Until 9 weeks later when doing a walk thru to check all the alarms are working and all I saw was pair of Ladders fly across one side of a room.    I thought oh must be one the plasters or etc trying scare me however found out everyone left apart from us to do the Walkthru.    I did ask the site foremen who explained that that area was for the mentally insane and that there was a fire in the 1930s who killed 6 people and they apartly haunt the land.   We then found out that the Security Guards did see a ghost and the guard swore never to return to that site and never talks about what he saw.   The site has now been knocked down due to the Spa & Hotel closed down due to it was too active and is 5 a side pitches & Leisure centre is going there.    However I sworn I never ever go back there! 

I turned out to a call bout 2am once, to a cottage hospital very old with a lot of history.

Gets there and the guards outside. So we go inside and start looking around, i looked at rkp and then found him, i said have you been upstairs ?

He said im not going up there. Then he told me about a dead patient who haunts the place and he was serious he wasent going upstairs so i did. No lights i add as he didnt know where the main switches were!

So i come back down and about 4 mts away from us was a porch entrance with a pir hooked up to a bell as a chime.

The chime rang... Neither of us were anywhere near it nor would it have faced our direction, i said theres no way we triggered that so we quickly ran outside and checked the perimeter. Nothing.

So we went back in and he says maybe it was..........

(cant remember the name of the said haunter)

And the chime went.

At that point he says fook this im going come on.

System was re armed and locked up,

I wasent that bothered but the guard said all sorts have happened when hes been in there and now refuses to go upstairs!