Security Installer Community

Ghost stories

Guest redarrow007

• 8 months later...
Guest Keiko

I was installing an alarm system in a house on a new building site.

No one around just me and a few sheep in the field next door. The job was going well.

I was in the loft working by torch light running some 8 core cable.

About 15 minutes into the loft work I heard a faint voice calling out "hello who's there?" well I was sure there was no one else around but i shouted out " Its me, im in the loft" the faint voice replied "who are you, what do you want?". I said "Im fitting the alarm system" At this stage I started to get the willies, climbed out of the loft and walked round the house looking for the person i was in conversation with. There was no one around.

Scary or what?? :o

It turned out i'd bent down and pressed one of the quick dial buttons on my mobile phone that was in my trouser pocket. It dialed my mates wife who was not happy to say the least!!! She found out it was me by hanging the phone up and dialing 1471.

My mate made me remove his number from my phone.

Not exactly a ghost story but it sure did feel like a ghost at the time.

Keiko.

Guest Andyp

Afew years ago while I was working at a National Company (now part of //.National Installer.//) a couple of engineers came into the office looking a bit sheepish. We asked them what was wrong but they wouldnt tell us. A few weeks later we got to the bottom of it in the pub after work.

They were installing an alarm in a nightclub as part of a major refurb. All the power was off so they were working under temporary site lamps and head torches. As the only two workers on site, they had the run of the large building and they cracked on with getting the cables run to the right areas.

After a few hours of working apart they got to a section where they were within 5 metres of each other and they were able to have a chat. One of them did the usual windup and tried to convince the other that the building was haunted. The 2nd engineer was having none of it until about 5 minutes later there was a banging noise, followed shortly after by a high pitched wailing noise. The engineers jumped out of the roof void and looked round the building but could find nothing. They returned to work. Although neither of them said anything they were both 'uncomfortable' (Apparently they werent scared).

Obviously the ghost storys had spooked both of them because after another 5 minutes of working in an erie silence, jumping whenever the other so much as coughed, the noises started again but this time much closer, BANG BANG BANG, accompanied by the high pitched scream and a faint voice, the engineers looked at each other, dropped their tools and headed as fast as their shaking legs could carry them towards the door.

As they reached the street they looked at each other, then looked at the building. It was only then that they noticed the building wasnt single story, but in fact had another floor above which housed a gym! The banging and wailing was the afternoon aerobics session just starting!!!

I am not sure what was more embarrassing for them, the fact the were scared or the fact that it was a bunch of old women in lycra!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest tiggerkev

If any of you have visited this site you will know it straight away, And appologies if you have had to work on it, major install mostly on my own.

Derby ciy centre, a once hotel turned into a fun pub/night club. The building contractors slept in the now disused hotel, lots of horror stories faces at windows ect. The basement had boilers rooms where no-one would go alone. Anyway after the install they started getting lots of false alarms especially on the rear fire doors. It had two camera's one inside and one out side. Checking the camera's at the time of the alarm the fire doors flew open, no-one around at that time. About 5 mins later a bloke and his girlfriend approach the doors. Him being brave goes inside, she stays outside. After a little while he comes running out, scared expression on his face leaving her standing.

The managers and trainee managers also said the rooms they had on the premises people appeared above the beds. Quite a few did'nt spend the night again.

• 1 year later...

I was working at a shopping centre late at and heard a noise of breaking glass well so i thought.

went to investigate to find wall tiles all over the floor.

I went to the control room to look on the dvr, when playing back the tiles just fly off the wall with nobody around and no answer as to why.

Still have the footage.

Left feeling spooked out. :fear:

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

My misses is the company psychic. She is well in tune with this stuff. She even used to go to a Calirvoyant group as they reckoned she had abilities.

For wifes mum passed away about 5 years before I met her. Every now and then my wife reckons her mum visits us in spirit, at this time the pictures on our stairs all tilt.

She has had a few spooky experiences. She was crossing a road once and heard somebody call her name very loudly. She turned around and nobody was there but a car flew past and narrrowly missed her. She has also heard somebody call her name while vacuming and again nobody there.

She has told me a few tales which make you spooked. She even reckons she saw my dad the other day in the hallway of our house, he died in Feb.

Spooky.

Dave

I was working at a shopping centre late at and heard a noise of breaking glass well so i thought.

I went to the control room to look on the dvr, when playing back the tiles just fly off the wall with nobody around and no answer as to why.

Still have the footage.

i must remeber this one when the diy at home falls of the wall?!?!?!

dont suppose you fitted the tiles? Great excuse though lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

few years ago when i was a painter me and my old man were working on a large country house in cheshire, we were working late nights to get the job finished. the room my dad was painting was a large library with large patio style windows. just before midnight he let out a scream (i was painting the staircase at the time), i went leeging it down the stairs and he is stood looking pretty scared stiff staring directly at the patio windows. i rush to his side to see what the problem is and i clock a guy witha kind white aura around him stood just on the other side of the window.bear in mind this is in the middle of the cheshire countryside, no one around for miles. as i reach my old fella another guy dressed head to toe in white appears at the side of the other one. im ready for legging it out of the buildnig and as we turn to flee the white guys start moving in exactly the same way as we do-----the "ghosts" were our reflections in the patio windows !!!!! (painters= head to toe in white overalls!!)

Trade Member

MIGHT BE A BIT LONG THIS - BUT YOU STARTED IT !.

Not sure what to call this ?

I bought a New House off plan that was going to be the first house ( Showhouse ).

However did a deal prior to any work being done on the greenfield site.

Build went well - moved in - for two years I put up with site visitors keep on walking in thinking it was the showhouse - But Hey ! - That type of living visitor i can put up with.

The estate was built and eventually the real showhouse was sold when the site was finished.

During the project I had noticed that one window on the showhouse was always getting cracked - assumed Vandals.

However since occupation its been weird.

SEE PICTURE

Mine corner house on main road - Show house on side road behind Me.

Originally there was a 5 Bar Gate at the field entrance with Stile at roadway

Pathway Dating 1800's in red.

Old Barn middle of field.

------------------------------

To start and understand the story you have to follow the path.

Usually March every year somthing happens along the route of the path.

All occurrances within three foot of the line.

Not in Order:

My house

Perfectly healthy 10ft tree at roadway uprouted.

Wallpaper adjacent front door comes lose never sticks.

Porch lights flicker for no reason. ( I am an Electrician ).

Hallway Dimmer Blows - 4 times.

Shower tray cracked in Ensuite.

Shower Bracket came off wall screws still in bracket

Hot water tank welding split.

Security Alarm remote key pad blew for no reason.

Radiator in downstairs toilet fell off wall.

Radiator in kitchen leaks.

Cooker hob blew up.

Oven blew up.

Dish Washer blew up.

Central heating boiler will not stay lit ( only in march ) engineer makes weekly visits !

Rear garden flood lt ( two days after replacing the lamp - solid fixing - fell off lit (set fire to double glazing nearly burnt house down).

Garage Washing machine blew up.

Garage Freezer blew up.

Next Door

The window refered to has cracked and been replaced 3 times.

Satelite Dish Blown replaced twice.

Electric garage door opens on its own in the middle of the night setting the alarm off.

(Thats all he has told me about)

Weird but absolute truth.

To continue I was talking to an old timer in the pub one night, and he informed of the dark past of the Barn.

( This is when i got the big chill up my back and didn't believe him at first )

In the early twenty's a farm hand who was a little backward took a liking to the farmers daughter. she was found murdered in the village church yard.

The landlord of the pub saw the lad running away from the church and a posse was formed to hunt for him.

He was found hanging in the barn.

( HAVE YOU GOT A CHILL YET ).

Never seen anything over the last ten years.

I am looking forward to this years catastorphy.

Yours Spookly

Shoggy

post-9535-1166045004_thumb.jpg

MIGHT BE A BIT LONG THIS - BUT YOU STARTED IT !.

Not sure what to call this ?

I bought a New House off plan that was going to be the first house ( Showhouse ).

However did a deal prior to any work being done on the greenfield site.

Build went well - moved in - for two years I put up with site visitors keep on walking in thinking it was the showhouse - But Hey ! - That type of living visitor i can put up with.

The estate was built and eventually the real showhouse was sold when the site was finished.

During the project I had noticed that one window on the showhouse was always getting cracked - assumed Vandals.

However since occupation its been weird.

SEE PICTURE

Mine corner house on main road - Show house on side road behind Me.

Originally there was a 5 Bar Gate at the field entrance with Stile at roadway

Pathway Dating 1800's in red.

Old Barn middle of field.

------------------------------

To start and understand the story you have to follow the path.

Usually March every year somthing happens along the route of the path.

All occurrances within three foot of the line.

Not in Order:

My house

Perfectly healthy 10ft tree at roadway uprouted.

Wallpaper adjacent front door comes lose never sticks.

Porch lights flicker for no reason. ( I am an Electrician ).

Hallway Dimmer Blows - 4 times.

Shower tray cracked in Ensuite.

Shower Bracket came off wall screws still in bracket

Hot water tank welding split.

Security Alarm remote key pad blew for no reason.

Radiator in downstairs toilet fell off wall.

Radiator in kitchen leaks.

Cooker hob blew up.

Oven blew up.

Dish Washer blew up.

Central heating boiler will not stay lit ( only in march ) engineer makes weekly visits !

Rear garden flood lt ( two days after replacing the lamp - solid fixing - fell off lit (set fire to double glazing nearly burnt house down).

Garage Washing machine blew up.

Garage Freezer blew up.

Next Door

The window refered to has cracked and been replaced 3 times.

Satelite Dish Blown replaced twice.

Electric garage door opens on its own in the middle of the night setting the alarm off.

(Thats all he has told me about)

Weird but absolute truth.

To continue I was talking to an old timer in the pub one night, and he informed of the dark past of the Barn.

( This is when i got the big chill up my back and didn't believe him at first )

In the early twenty's a farm hand who was a little backward took a liking to the farmers daughter. she was found murdered in the village church yard.

The landlord of the pub saw the lad running away from the church and a posse was formed to hunt for him.

He was found hanging in the barn.

( HAVE YOU GOT A CHILL YET ).

Never seen anything over the last ten years.

I am looking forward to this years catastorphy.

Yours Spookly

Shoggy

Shoggy

Did not scare me one bit, did you buy your house from 'BARRETT HOMES' they did have a reputation for falling to bits.

Here we go, my house was built in 1747 and ever since we moved in the odd things have happened like knocking at the door and no one being there, the oven turning itself up, tops unscrewing from bottles and once when my wife was in the garden she said it suddenly went all calm and silent and a bush started moving about is if there was a gale blowing.

This is the main story, we decided to move our bedroom about, the bed was under the window so we turned it around so that we faced the window. That night I was shattered so we went to bed as normal in the middle of the night I remember my wife trying to wake me but I was tired I did not take any notice and forgot all about it until the next day when I was driving up to Norwich. I stopped and rang her up and said what was the pushing and shoving about last night, she said she woke up and by her side was a little old man with what looked like a tan linen suite on and a hat smiling at her, she put her head under the covers and then had another look and he was still there thats when she tried to wake me up. He disappeared as she was trying to wake me, needless to say we have now moved the bed and nothing has happened since.

I was once working on building site in London its was a bank which was being converted into a trendy wine bar, it was a Saturday and I was on my own working in the basement and it just did not feel right it was as if someone was watching me. Later I found out that this site was No.1 Bell Yard which is where 'sweeney todd' had his barbers shop.

This is the main story, we decided to move our bedroom about, the bed was under the window so we turned it around so that we faced the window. That night I was shattered so we went to bed as normal in the middle of the night I remember my wife trying to wake me but I was tired I did not take any notice and forgot all about it until the next day when I was driving up to Norwich. I stopped and rang her up and said what was the pushing and shoving about last night, she said she woke up and by her side was a little old man with what looked like a tan linen suite on and a hat smiling at her, she put her head under the covers and then had another look and he was still there thats when she tried to wake me up. He disappeared as she was trying to wake me, needless to say we have now moved the bed and nothing has happened since.

I'd have her sent away for testing if I were you.

Rational explanation for all of that but if you believe in twaddle in the first place then you won't listen to the rational explanation. ;)

• 1 month later...

Still have the footage.

:fear:great story, i would love to see that footage lee@kdsfarmery.co.uk

my brother and i used to sleep in the converted attick (which was divided into2) at our old house ,and 1 evening he just ran into my bedroom shouting and screaming!! i asked him to calm down and for him to tell me what was wrong? after about 5 mins he said that he had woke up to find sweets floating around his bedroom!!!!!! i told him to stop being stupid and to go back to bed, as i lead him back i saw all of sweets perfectly positioned all the way around his bed!! scary man.

• 11 months later...

I've done two jobs at haunted farmhouses.

One call out was in response to false alarms in the early hours.

I had fitted the system in the summer, and I suppose I hadn't surveyed the house properly...

It seems that in the winter, they use the old coal fire, and it was when the fire was dying down that the temperature must have been just right to trigger the pir which was facing the fireplace (yeah, poor surveying! - but who has an open fire anymore?)

I was relieved to find a reason, and was able to mask the relevant area of the pir and no more problems.

I jokingly mentioned that if I hadn't found a reason, I would have blamed it on a ghost...

She replied totally calmly, "oh, we've got one of those here".

I didn't stay there too much longer!

Another job one night was at another very old farmhouse not that far from the first. It was weired working in there. Huge rooms, and very poor lighting. To get from one end of the farmhouse to the other, meant walking through the huge "hall", which had hopeless lighting. You could sense being watched...

Later on, a conversaion with the farmers daughter :wub: revealed that the farm was haunted. I bravely said it's a load of cobblers and she shouldn't be worried. "It's yer brain playin' tricks" I told her. "Normally, your eyes see something, and they tell your brain what they have seen. Sometimes your brain gets confused and 'tells' your eyes they have seen something" I said confidently.

"Oh no, it's quite true. We often look out of the kitchen window and see a 'Victorian Gentleman' striding around in his top hat and tails. We've all seen him"

I didn't stay too much longer!

Actually, I have been back many many times, and always look out for this guy. As yet, he hasn't revealed himself. Lets hope he doesn't!!!

Quite a co-incidence, because today I've been back to the second Farmhouse.

I needed to work in the bathroom, and had to keep going upstairs and downstairs. The farmer was in the lounge at the far end of the house...asleep. I had seen him through the window as I walked round the front of the house when I arrived. His wife asked me if I knew where everything was, and once I confirmed a couple of details, she said she was going out and would be back in 40 mins.

I was all alone...it was getting dark and the lighting is very poor in the house...

It's a big house. I hadn't been upstairs much in the past, and this time I looked down the landing at all the bedroom doors, and counted them...all 6 of them. How lucky they were to live in such a beautiful old house. If only all the lights worked, and those that did could do with proper sized bulbs!!!

Anyway, back downstairs, and back upstairs...back downstairs...back upstairs. It was creepy. I could sense being watched...

Suddenly I saw something move outside a window....Oh...it's a cat on the window ledge outside!!

However...on my next journey upstairs...what did I see...one of the bedroom doors was wide open!

OMG! Hurry up, get the job done and get home!!!

• 3 months later...

I was shown some footage from a system I installed a couple of years ago at a shopping centre in Norwich.

The Locked main entrance door unlocked and shot opened, in the reflection of the glass goor was the semi clear image of a person standing there. As the door opened a yellow cleaners cone went flying.

The Access control system, shear locks and cameras were all working.

strange things happen in Norfolk :rolleyes:

I was shown some footage from a system I installed a couple of years ago at a shopping centre in Norwich.

The Locked main entrance door unlocked and shot opened, in the reflection of the glass goor was the semi clear image of a person standing there. As the door opened a yellow cleaners cone went flying.

The Access control system, shear locks and cameras were all working.

strange things happen in Norfolk :rolleyes:

You're telling me, don't the locals all have webbed toes, 3 ears and that sort of thing, your uncles your cousins sister sort of place.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 1 year later...

This isn't particularly spooky but I got called out once at about 3am to a really big old mill in Oldham due to false alarm. After looking through the panel log, almost all the detectors in a certain part of the mill had been tripped in order from one part of the mill to the other. There was no way anyone had been in there and no animals/birds etc as all the individual doors were locked. It was a customer storage warehouse so every single partition was locked up and completely secure. That spooked me a bit as I couldn't see ANY other reason for all these tripped detectors - and not all at the same time either, so it wasn's a PSU fault or anything. The times they'd been tripped matched the time it would take someone to 'walk' the route of the tripped DT's!

There was no way I was wandering around up there on my own! Hehe!

Wooooooooooooo! :rolleyes:

Kate C

x