Security Installer Community

Local Arc Closure.

PSE

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Joe Harris" data-cid="301905" data-time="1358974564"><p>

Videcon uses email for alarm transmission in their Sentinel integration, very poor and although we can support it, we do not recommend it.</p></blockquote>

Haha I Wish that was the problem..........endless.

Just a follow up regarding EMCS

I contacted EMCS today, Sent the account application off this afternoon,  Spoke to Edward and Tom
They  answered all the questions I had and went through all the usual spiel,. . . .

He's told me we will have an account up and running by tomorrow afternoon, Then were set to go.

Regards

+1

If we have issues with them which are fairly rare (1000+ sites) Its gets sorted

WEB portal is good via training, WAP port perfect for service enginners no training needed

though i'm pushing like mad to get the comms path tagged in for each signal on WAP port  EG CH1 fire "GPRS"  Ch1 restore "PSTN" etc

Karl their IT guy pushing the software guys to get added in ASAP

+1

If we have issues with them which are fairly rare (1000+ sites) Its gets sorted

WEB portal is good via training, WAP port perfect for service enginners no training needed

though i'm pushing like mad to get the comms path tagged in for each signal on WAP port  EG CH1 fire "GPRS"  Ch1 restore "PSTN" etc

Karl their IT guy pushing the software guys to get added in ASAP

The path indication is something we requested of MCS (The suppliers of the software package used by us and EMCS) several years ago (First call on the issue of poorly indicated path was from 2005).

It is not going to be added to the WAP server application as they are instead developing a dedicated Android / iPhone application to take its place with much better functionality.  As for a timeline on that...Late 2013 would probably be optimistic

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived