Security Installer Community

Dual Technology (Glass Break)

joe2

Hi Guys,

I am starting my assignment for my 1853 its a grade 2 spec for a country club, i cant seem to source a dualtechnology glass break & vibration detector.

Its on the spec sheet, so i assume these are available could somebody please point me in the right direction

Regards

Joe

Hi Guys,

I am starting my assignment for my 1853 its a grade 2 spec for a country club, i cant seem to source a dualtechnology glass break & vibration detector.

Its on the spec sheet, so i assume these are available could somebody please point me in the right direction

Regards

Joe

i think you've either mis read it or someones pulling your leg.

Well, the dual tech glass break would be a "flex and shatter" type, which most these days are (Honeywell Flexguard and Texecom Impaq are two). The older single tech ones used to just listen for the frequency of the glass breaking which could cause false alarms with fireworks or people kicking roller shutters. Never heard of a dual tech glass break and vibration detector though...

Trade Member

This is what it says on my Spec sheet

Zone 12 Alarm - Area A =  A Dualtechology breakglass vibration detector located on the ceiling at a point of 1.5 meters from the rear and flank walls to detect a force sufficient to break the plate glass windows in the rear & flank walls and gain entry to the seminar room by penetration of the perimiter.

This is on the assignment from C&G,

This is what it says on my Spec sheet

Zone 12 Alarm - Area A =  A Dualtechology breakglass vibration detector located on the ceiling at a point of 1.5 meters from the rear and flank walls to detect a force sufficient to break the plate glass windows in the rear & flank walls and gain entry to the seminar room by penetration of the perimiter.

This is on the assignment from C&G,

their paperwork is ****.  delete vibration from the sentence.  

re impaq. thought it was a vibro?

OP your comment is based on a dual tech glass break detector. in theory it is supposed to detect the impact on the glass as a 'thump' then detect the noise of the glass breaking as a 'sssshhhh'

The idea of this is to prevent broken bottles etc causing a false alarm.

but my advise to your lecturer as it was when i did my 1851 c&g is that breakglass detectors are useless period. they either false alarm or miss genuine alarms.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

What would be the point of putting vibration detection on the ceiling? To get a confirmed alarm they would have to break the windows and smash the ceiling. Not seen many breakins where they do that :hmm:

The rooms that asked for a Glass Break vibration also Have a PIR located in them. It looks like the person at C&G has either typed it wrong or doesnt know what there on about.

My teacher has had to re draw the plans/layout they sent as they where asking for detection in rooms that didnt even exist

The rooms that asked for a Glass Break vibration also Have a PIR located in them. It looks like the person at C&G has either typed it wrong or doesnt know what there on about.

My teacher has had to re draw the plans/layout they sent as they where asking for detection in rooms that didnt even exist

Sounds like the one writing the papers is the one that needs the training

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

i cant seem to source a dualtechnology glass break & vibration detector.

Sentrol, used to do a fitted "on the glass" Break glass / shock sensor which was piezo on a sticky pad ?

Whether these still exist as a EN Graded product ? (****** if I know)

Mr? Veritas God

paul can we go back to the steam age alarm?

Well the first one was patented in 1853.

Yeah Adrian, a few over the years have  been done for "over voltage" and the use of broken glass in cement. IIRC one had his femoral artery done and bled out in minutes,

Archived