Security Installer Community

Dual Technology (Glass Break)

joe2

Hi Guys,

I am starting my assignment for my 1853 its a grade 2 spec for a country club, i cant seem to source a dualtechnology glass break & vibration detector.

Its on the spec sheet, so i assume these are available could somebody please point me in the right direction

Regards

Joe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys,

I am starting my assignment for my 1853 its a grade 2 spec for a country club, i cant seem to source a dualtechnology glass break & vibration detector.

Its on the spec sheet, so i assume these are available could somebody please point me in the right direction

Regards

Joe

i think you've either mis read it or someones pulling your leg.

Well, the dual tech glass break would be a "flex and shatter" type, which most these days are (Honeywell Flexguard and Texecom Impaq are two). The older single tech ones used to just listen for the frequency of the glass breaking which could cause false alarms with fireworks or people kicking roller shutters. Never heard of a dual tech glass break and vibration detector though...

Trade Member

i think you've either mis read it or someones pulling your leg.

This is what it says on my Spec sheet

Zone 12 Alarm - Area A =  A Dualtechology breakglass vibration detector located on the ceiling at a point of 1.5 meters from the rear and flank walls to detect a force sufficient to break the plate glass windows in the rear & flank walls and gain entry to the seminar room by penetration of the perimiter.

This is on the assignment from C&G,

Archived