Security Installer Community

Staple Gun

Amps

It was the local police alarm inspector who didn't like them and most companies around stopped using them.

Must agree it looks neat with clip gun but never had one for years.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the local police alarm inspector who didn't like them and most companies around stopped using them.

Must agree it looks neat with clip gun but never had one for years.

Whats it got to do with him? There is nothing in the standards that say you will not use staple guns. I'm not sure if many forces still have an alarm inspector in the force but in that scenario unless he could show me a specific standard that it breached he could dislike it as much as he liked, I wouldn't stop using them.

I remember the guy at Durham being quite particular and he didn't like the fact that alarm companies didn't run the phone line from the block to the panel in phone cable and instead used 8 core. Whilst I agree it would be nicer to do that (especially if xDSL is being run off the system) then fine but other than that if the 8 core is rated for the use then it's a short conversation.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I remember the guy at Durham being quite particular and he didn't like the fact that alarm companies didn't run the phone line from the block to the panel in phone cable and instead used 8 core. Whilst I agree it would be nicer to do that (especially if xDSL is being run off the system) then fine but other than that if the 8 core is rated for the use then it's a short conversation.

Well solid cored cable is desgined for punch downs whereas stranded is best in clamp terminals. This is why block terminals have screw terminals on the other side. He obviously didn't understand this.

There are 2 valid debates for inspectors to be past engineers or from outside the industry. People from inside have kit preference and their own installation methods. This could sway a view. Those outside don't have that and only look at the rules. It also saves any disclosure issues, ie ex adt engineer auditing adt. May have some past reason for 'loyalty' or may have left and have an axe to grind.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived