Security Installer Community

Honeywell G2 Or Enforcer For Domestic

Hello Oxo,

It wasn't a threat of any sort, I had posted your elements of our transcript, just to show I hadn't received your final reply. Whether you typed the message and it didn't send, or whatever, you've given me your answer here in public,which I appreciate.

As for the last comment, that was pretty cheap. Up until that point, your replies had been defensive but reasoned.

Matthew, my house is undergoing a full renovation at the moment, so it's all floorboards, bare walls and extensions. That's why I thought it would be better to get a wired system as the house is about to be completely replastered.

As for getting quotes, so far I've had one in from the company mentioned and a ballpark/verbal figure from Barry Bros who fitted my previous monitored alarm, but weren't so keen to travel from Paddington.

I think it only due diligence to get a couple of quotes in.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul, as above your quoted price seems very reasonable (read low) if you know the co and are happy with them I would snap their arm off. Alternatively get some other quotes...

www.nsi.org.uk

www.ssaib.org

I would go with hardwired Galaxy

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

as others have said,galaxy wired is your best bet,tho a g2 wireless is as reliable tbh,if the boards are up its an engineers perfect job,tho id also put an extra cable in while there up from the panel into the loft for future projects like swithching lights etc

Thank you everyone for your input.

It's been helpful. I feel that sticking to a wired system is the better option considering the house refurb and that the Honeywell system seems to be the preferred choice, if only because more of you are highly familiar with it.

• 9 months later...

Archived