Security Installer Community

Tampering

Just got called by our client as they were concerned because an electrician damaged one of our cables.

They repaired it and managed to reset it but wanted us to double check it.

Cable was joined in a 20A JB with the four terminals and connector blocks for the other four connections.

Question is, would you go after the sparky to "inform" them of the error of their ways?

If we were not informed by the client it would look like we had damaged it.

Another reason for eng reset on tamper i would guess.!

Just got called by our client as they were concerned because an electrician damaged one of our cables.

They repaired it and managed to reset it but wanted us to double check it.

Cable was joined in a 20A JB with the four terminals and connector blocks for the other four connections.

Question is, would you go after the sparky to "inform" them of the error of their ways?

If we were not informed by the client it would look like we had damaged it.

Another reason for eng reset on tamper i would guess.!

Paul

You been around a while and im surprissed you even admitted diffrent. Back in my sparky days we programmed spare unused zones as 24 hour and always eng reset for tamper and they were cash weekend jobbies

Customers!

If Mr Sparky was confident that he fixed it right he wouldn't have asked for it to be checked by yourselves. He's a spark at the end of the day and I'm sure he doesn't have any 20 amp junction boxes with tamper connections in his van.

Dont bother going after the sparky, you're wasting your time.

Repair correctly, note on your docs that the damage was done by 3rd party and had been incorrectly repaired, charge accordingly, inform customer.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Yes, all good points.

We have always put spare as not used.

But will now be altering tamper for eng reset.

If Mr Sparky was confident that he fixed it right he wouldn't have asked for it to be checked by yourselves. He's a spark at the end of the day and I'm sure he doesn't have any 20 amp junction boxes with tamper connections in his van.

He didn't call us it was the home owner.

Dont bother going after the sparky, you're wasting your time.

Repair correctly, note on your docs that the damage was done by 3rd party and had been incorrectly repaired, charge accordingly, inform customer.

Yes but surely he should be made aware of what he has messed with as he would now be liable if the system did not work?

Your customer is the occupants, let them have the argument with the spark

QFA, despite the poor grammar.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived