Security Installer Community

Home Automation Panels

What alarm panels are good for use with home automation?

I have a customer that wants to be able to control lights and heating system but I don't have a clue on what equipment is best or to even run a mile and not get involved.

Anyone have any advice?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell them to keep separate and just use the RF stuff from screwfix for the automation.

It works well.

From my experience though the standard light switch tends to be used in the end for ease of use and the automation stuff just gets left.

6A MK or similar switch normally gets used the most in the end!

2-way sometimes just it mix it up a bit!

Did a bit of research on some of the HA forums and its amazing what people "want" to achieve!

Remote control of room stats etc.  Cant see the point really, just let each device do what its supposed and designed to do.

Yes, remote switching of lights and heating at a push of a smartphone can be very handy and useful but some of them must have too much time on their hands!

id have this but its not available over here,dont know why..looks decent,,

http://www.adtpulse.com/home/what-is-pulse/

Thank god. Know anything about American alarm systems?  Their idea of an external sounder is  + & - to ring & two wires for tamper.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Know anything about American alarm systems?  Their idea of an external sounder is  + & - to ring & two wires for tamper.

a bit,worked on focus for a while,2 wires for tamper,whats a 0v return then? forget sounders no one listens to them and no one foams them anymore

Archived