Security Installer Community

All In One Security System

Oxford

Would a decent ADSL connection be up to the job? What kind of bandwidth would a colour video intercom use?

Well, on the average ADSL you are limited to an upload of circa 700k. Works fine normally. Keyword is reliable.

have a look at the 2n stuff for IP use. They do a SIP variant which will work with 3cx. 

Also ACT make an IP video intercom unit not sure if its for WAN use though.

DO you need video as while you may have decent upstream BW at  the site have you got downstream at the other end?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks, ill order one and have a play. Where we have used it once in the past was at a college where the intercom and the phone were miles apart, but we used an IP one so we could use their LAN to save running cables. I've been keen to find a replacement as the ones we used on that have been long discontinued

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

As long as you have power each end I've got a reliable constant 10meg both way connection over 1km with an older wireless G model of these

http://www.engeniustech.com/business-networking/outdoor-access-points-client-bridges/9340-enh500-

probably get better now as technology has advanced

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

As long as you have power each end I've got a reliable constant 10meg both way connection over 1km with an older wireless G model of these

http://www.engeniustech.com/business-networking/outdoor-access-points-client-bridges/9340-enh500-

probably get better now as technology has advanced

Don't forget you will need a (£50) licence with that at 5Ghz  if you want to use it fixed and outdoors over a (tiny) power level.

Archived