Security Installer Community

All In One Security System

Oxford

Hi Gents,

Long-time no speak, I trust you are all well and had a great Christmas and looking forward to a busy new year.  I have been out of the loop with new products for the last few years due to being ex Chubb and working on other security projects.  I am moving house and need a few questions answered, the house is fairly large and has just been refurbished and I am looking for a wireless alarm so I am not chasing wall's etc.

1.  I have electric gates and I am looking for an intercom that is capable of calling a mobile phone but is landline based - not a SIM based GSM system.

2.  A wireless intruder alarm that can also accept hard wired circuits - beams etc, and also have some sort of web interface that allows me via an app? to switch relays - turn lights on/ off, open garage door, gates etc.  I have looked at the new Visonic systems and they seem to offer this?  Or is there something better?

3.  Is there a system that anyone knows of that can I can integrate a landline based intercom with an intruder alarm and have a web interface for switching, arming/ disarming etc?

Please enjoy my diagram!

Thanks.

post-28934-0-22468100-1356866745_thumb.j

Well Visonic do as you say.

Comelit offer a IP based entry system, although not played with it yet, but it is on a very special offer ATM ( You get a basic quote, they will match with IP based price for price). Which can control gates and doors.

So there are two web interfaces right away.

CQR do a imported remote reciever (Local power needed) for detection and phone intergration and can be hooked to the alarm (Wired).

Its all there, depends on the spend.

Go Galaxy Dimension, most there can be accomodated if you like Galaxy. Or Texecom can handle most if not all.

But I would suggest Comelit IP for the intercom.

PS Hi again after a while , hope you had a good xmas and wishing you a prosperous new yr.

Well Visonic do as you say.

Comelit offer a IP based entry system, although not played with it yet, but it is on a very special offer ATM ( You get a basic quote, they will match with IP based price for price). Which can control gates and doors.

So there are two web interfaces right away.

CQR do a imported remote reciever (Local power needed) for detection and phone intergration and can be hooked to the alarm (Wired).

Its all there, depends on the spend.

Go Galaxy Dimension, most there can be accomodated if you like Galaxy. Or Texecom can handle most if not all.

But I would suggest Comelit IP for the intercom.

PS Hi again after a while , hope you had a good xmas and wishing you a prosperous new yr.

Do you have much experience with IP intercoms?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Thanks OXO, doing really good and looking forward to the new year - I hope you are too.

I forgot about the ION range but I have a fair amount of experience with the older Comelit range - never had any dramas with them!!

IP intercoms sound like a good plan and won't tie me into a cell contract :)

What would you like to know?

We have only ever installed one for a customer that we interlinked with a 3cx phone system as you could attach it as a IP phone. Just wondered if there was a particular leader in the field and what the reliability of them are compared to a traditional intercom. It's something I've no real experience with so was keen for some feedback if you had some experience with them.

Wadda ya know??!
Nothing, hence my question.

Would a decent ADSL connection be up to the job? What kind of bandwidth would a colour video intercom use?

Well, on the average ADSL you are limited to an upload of circa 700k. Works fine normally. Keyword is reliable.

have a look at the 2n stuff for IP use. They do a SIP variant which will work with 3cx. 

Also ACT make an IP video intercom unit not sure if its for WAN use though.

DO you need video as while you may have decent upstream BW at  the site have you got downstream at the other end?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks, ill order one and have a play. Where we have used it once in the past was at a college where the intercom and the phone were miles apart, but we used an IP one so we could use their LAN to save running cables. I've been keen to find a replacement as the ones we used on that have been long discontinued

As long as you have power each end I've got a reliable constant 10meg both way connection over 1km with an older wireless G model of these

http://www.engeniustech.com/business-networking/outdoor-access-points-client-bridges/9340-enh500-

probably get better now as technology has advanced

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

As long as you have power each end I've got a reliable constant 10meg both way connection over 1km with an older wireless G model of these

http://www.engeniustech.com/business-networking/outdoor-access-points-client-bridges/9340-enh500-

probably get better now as technology has advanced

Don't forget you will need a (£50) licence with that at 5Ghz  if you want to use it fixed and outdoors over a (tiny) power level.

Archived