Security Installer Community

Secom To Offer Drone

james.wilson

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/27/secom-offers-a-private-security-drone/

post-6868-0-57148800-1356793981_thumb.jp

Modern security cameras are rather limited: if an incident doesn't happen within a pre-defined field of vision, a company won't know what's happening until it's too late. Secom is giving anxious offices a rare solution in what's supposedly the first airborne drone for private security. Its customized Ascending Technologiesquadrotor can take to the air if there's a break-in and record what's happening, even in areas that would normally represent blind spots. The automaton can also track moving subjects with a laser sensor and knows enough to keep its distance. Japanese firms wanting Secom's robot sentry will have to wait until after April 2014, when they can rent one at about ¥5,000 ($58) per month; the investment could be worthwhile just to freak out a few would-be burglars.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Seen these, not too good in high winds IIRC, great toys.

Although military versions are coming along quite well .............dont ask how I know :P

Here is a high end private use one in action, note the lack of movement as such.

Probably, sit at home and take out a school.

Whilst I agree with the NRA and 2nd ammendment there has to be a compromise drawn somewhere.

But a lot get conscripted and when or before leaving have access and retain full assualt weapons.

Let alone the shops. Ever been in a fully stocked Gun shop out there? It`s an eye opener to say the least.

I worked the day after Hungerford, in Hungerford. The person assisting me in the installation M Ryan, not the same one obviously. But we dared not let his full name known at the premesis.

Probably, sit at home and take out a school.

Whilst I agree with the NRA and 2nd ammendment there has to be a compromise drawn somewhere.

But a lot get conscripted and when or before leaving have access and retain full assualt weapons.

Let alone the shops. Ever been in a fully stocked Gun shop out there? It`s an eye opener to say the least.

I worked the day after Hungerford, in Hungerford. The person assisting me in the installation M Ryan, not the same one obviously. But we dared not let his full name known at the premesis.

Aye, this along with 3D printers etc is why we have to totally rethink how we approach such things in future.

How do you prove beyond all doubt who was controlling a rogue device?  When the supply chain cannot be ensured how do you control access / deployment?

We need to start thinking very differently, very quickly.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

How many times have you/me/us piggybacked a open network?

With the correct knowledge you can wreck havoc.

Take bluetooth when it came out, you would do a search and then send a message saying "certain" things and then when the woman kept looking around you would get up and know their name and chat them up with the "Guess I can work your name out in 5 seconds" :D

How many times have you/me/us piggybacked a open network?

With the correct knowledge you can wreck havoc.

Why does it need to be open? Easy keys can be cracked in minutes.

Also some open networks are designed so you can't cause havoc easily.

Point is if designed correctly transmissions could/can be very secure.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how you put privacy zones on that then?

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Archived