Security Installer Community

Need Tap To Sms Message Signalling For Your Alarm Systems?

opentelecomuk

Well its not likely to be free is it?  They have to make money somehow otherwise why would they provide the service? and 50p per message is better than no message for free which is what O2 is providing at the moment. I guess the reason O2 and many of the other operators withdrew their TAP service is because they didnt realise they should be charging for it. Instead of just thinking that they are not making money from something thats costing them.

But they (O2 and Vodafone) were/are charging for the service @17p per call. I suppose if others actually provide support, then it may be worth the additional premium. Slightly troubling is the fact that since it's MODEM data, if the transmission fails for whatever reason, then it's another 50p for every retry - but that is/was also the case with Voda/O2.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Varies. Monitoring is a PIA. We have AM monthly report and bank statement and a ruler ans a pen. Oh and a couple of days. Anything without a line through it needs chasing. Tip always get customer to use contract ref against payment. So many have Bank details not matching.

Bank allowed us DDa few years back once they saw the numbers.

Customers!

Your own or a service?

Unsure what you mean, but i guess you mean if were doing it with the bank or using an external company. 

I wasnt comfortable with an external co as they would be the ones running the transactions so we did it direct.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

But they (O2 and Vodafone) were/are charging for the service @17p per call. I suppose if others actually provide support, then it may be worth the additional premium. Slightly troubling is the fact that since it's MODEM data, if the transmission fails for whatever reason, then it's another 50p for every retry - but that is/was also the case with Voda/O2.

Personally I dont sell text diallers, I sell monitoring, but the point I was making was that you get what you pay for and 50p is a cheap way of reporting that your alarm is activated, if it costs £1 its still cheap. Mind you if it doesnt work or theres a chance it doesnt work then its expensive which brings me around to why I dont sell it.

Archived