Security Installer Community

Optima Plus 2 Power Cut/Resetting

Guest AlanG

Hi all,

Sorry for delay in replying but been away for a couple of days (thankfully the alarm hasn't burnt my house down in that time!!!).

Ok, to answer your question, there is a single control panel mounted by the front door and I've attached 2 pics to confirm how it looks outside and in. Sorry about the reflection from the flash but hopefully they should give you the info you need. Its an Optima 2 Plus from what I can make out.

I didn't have a problem with calling an engineer out per se, just felt that if it was a simple problem to resolve it would be a shame to pay someone to do it for me when there is such valuable resource available on here to help me!

Look forward to your replies anyway.

post-3061-1093382688_thumb.jpgpost-3061-1093382718_thumb.jpg

Ok, that's your remote keypad. you will have a main control panel somewhere in your house. look in your large cupboards/wardrobes, under the stairs, cellar/garage (maybe even loft), etc. for a large cream (same colour as sides of keypad) plastic box with 1 screw in the middle, right hand side....thats your control panel! Find the battery and replace with the same kind.

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Marvellous, thanks for the input chaps, I'll have a look for the main control panel and let you know what I find!!

You learn something every day eh, I've only lived here 3 years!!!!!!!

• 14 years later...

Quick temporary fix!!!

Pull cover off from beeping panels.

Wiggle off the small square labelled 'volume'.

No more beeping.

Your welcome