Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial - Inherited As New Home Owners - Help!

Flex Marketing literature mention "Galaxy Flex 20 - Galaxy Flex FX020 control panel - NEW and improved V3.0 firmware"

Anything specific or significant re "issues"? V1 or V3 firmware?

Mostly changes to add visual verification and different menu options for IP signalling. I just wouldn't want cameras in the home and at £100 a pop for the sensors, it's not just the privacy aspects that will put people off.  The Flex isn't too popular in the UK, but does seem to be accepted better eleswhere in Europe.  As per usual, Honeywell aren't interested in bug reports.

As per previous posters, I would go for a G2-20, MK7 keyprox and C079-2 RF portal and external siren.  You can pick them up for cheap on Ebay and your wireless sensors will be compatible with the portal.

Take it from me unless you know what your doing you're not going to be able to reprogram a domonial if they stayed down powered too long the nvm would reset this is what sounds like has happened.

Contact ADT it will need all batteries replacing and a full reprogram there is nothing wrong with the domonial as long as it is set up correctly it will work absolutely fine but most companies avoid them like a plague!

NVM reset - thanks for mentioning that this can happen, that sounds like what has happened.

Mostly changes to add visual verification and different menu options for IP signalling. I just wouldn't want cameras in the home and at £100 a pop for the sensors, it's not just the privacy aspects that will put people off.  The Flex isn't too popular in the UK, but does seem to be accepted better eleswhere in Europe.  As per usual, Honeywell aren't interested in bug reports.

As per previous posters, I would go for a G2-20, MK7 keyprox and C079-2 RF portal and external siren.  You can pick them up for cheap on Ebay and your wireless sensors will be compatible with the portal.

Great advice, many thanks for elaborating on what has been alluded to. cheers! I would go down the route of a pro supply and install who has experience programming if comes to replacing.

Archived