Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial - Inherited As New Home Owners - Help!

Galaxy not familiar in Aberdeen?

Yes most familiar, but out of around 6 companies called none said was what they normally install. Scantronic came up a couple of times along with some other makes.

if you go for a flex (i wouldnt) then you can map the unused wired circuits to be wireless, go for a g2 20 with a portal

You dont say why not Flex? Suspect for ease of wiring, will re-position panel location, 1 box would be neater than 2 at the new location.

Agreed. G2 is also tried and tested and can't see any benefit of a flex apart from the rf portal can go in the panel without the need for a rio box on the g2 but that's about it. Part set much better on the g2?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

We have an FX20 and FX50 sat in stores that we removed due to issues.

Doesn't sound good. For you guys installing all the time, understand why you'd loose confidence and revert to the G2. Difficult to know for sure, what gets fixed and what remains after firmware updates, unless Honeywell produce a detailed list with the V3 or whatever the latest is.

Mot into this panel, but you say you changed thr keypad battery, but not change the detector batteries?

Detector batteries would have been the next step if I could get the keypad functional. Noticed the LED coming on PIR's, some may or may not need changed.

Found a reset button under the Keypad battery cover. When pressed the display changes to "waiting for connection". Sits like this and nothing happens thereafter. I do not know if there is a specific procedure to re-connect. If anyone knows such re the Domonial Panel, please share. Otherwise its back to signing up for a 3 year ADT contract or replacing the panel... 

Take it from me unless you know what your doing you're not going to be able to reprogram a domonial if they stayed down powered too long the nvm would reset this is what sounds like has happened.

Contact ADT it will need all batteries replacing and a full reprogram there is nothing wrong with the domonial as long as it is set up correctly it will work absolutely fine but most companies avoid them like a plague!

Archived