Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial - Inherited As New Home Owners - Help!

Thanks for the replies guys. Have been phoning around local firms and only one firm has experience with Domonial and they arent keen to take on. So as thought and advised here, swapping the panel to another Honeywell looks like the way forward...

I am trying to establish if there are newer hybrid Honeywell panels that may have wireless built in without having to add on a RF portal to a G2. Such as the Galaxy Flex? Local firms i called are mainly using other makes, although most do and happy to offer the Honeywell Galaxy (prefer so can utilise existing Domonial wire-free sensors).  Am getting vague information: Such as being told that RF portal only supports 8 wireless zones. I have 9 wireless zones, and local firm were advising I'd need a G2-44 which supports 2 portals. My reply was, one of the zones could be wired, thus leaving 8 wireless zones but I question whether the need to do so and a 8 zone limit. The G2 manual says that "one RF Portal will allow the control panel to assign wire-free detectors to any or all detection zones" my understanding is a G2-20 comes with 12 built in wired zones, thus adding a RF portal would give up to 12 wireless zones? Can anyone confirm? Maybe a RF portal adds an additional 8 zones in addition to what the panel already offers???

Also anyone with experience with the Galaxy Flex 20, would you recommend this or a G2-20 with RF portal? Notice there is a MK8 keypad too, not sure if only comparable with the Flex?

the portal supports as many zones as the panel supports, the old rf-rio was 8 zones but could do more.

all you need is a g2-20 and a portal. But iirc early domonial sensors wouldnt work with a portal. can you upload a picture of  a sensor

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

They are talking rubbish, as James said above, the G2 portal will support what the panel will support.

G2 panels will support two portals (helps range)

G2-12 will also work with a Portal giving you 12 wireless zones

Flex would look neater as you can get a portal to fit inside.

We fit Galaxy as our main panel.

Where are you based?

OK, the Flex 20 seems like the panel to go for.

If my understanding is correct: its newer technology than the G2 but similar functionality and compatibility. Plastic case, thus as you say Paul, will be neater having the RF portal inside. Also comes in kits with the newer Mk8 keypad.

Honeywell spec quoted on many suppliers sites is what is confusing not only me, but appears my local installer and his supplier he checked with.

• Up to 20 wired or 8 wireless zones (12 onboard)

Is my understanding correct: Neither the G2 or Flex 20 have wireless built in. Both have 12 wired zones. Adding a RF portal is necessary to make either panel hybrid, allowing any of the existing 12 zones configurable as wireless. Thus either panel with an RF portal add on is capable of 12 wired or 12 wireless or any combination, ie. 6 wired and 6 wireless.

If all of above correct, do you have to add another RF portal to add a further 8 wireless zones, bringing the max number of zones up to the quoted 20?

Ah, not our area.

Yes Paul, I'm in North of Scotland. Pity, since would like to have employed someone who is highly familiar with Galaxy panels. 

Archived