Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial - Inherited As New Home Owners - Help!

Hi to everyone at the TSI Forums!

My partner and I have just taken posession of our new home, and we're having a bit of trouble with the alarm system the previous occupiers had installed, namely adding/removing user codes and general setup.

We've identified it as being a Honeywell Domonial (CMI8UK-STD) which was installed, serviced and monitored by ADT.  The previous occupiers have confirmed that their contract with ADT had been cancelled, however, they did not know anything about installer/master codes.  They state the only code they had was the 4-digit code that was, and currently is used, to arm/disarm the alarm system (which we are in posession of) - not ideal having the ex-occupiers knowing the code.

From reading the odd review about this particular alarm system, it appears to us that it is not exactly user-friendly, and potentially requires a programming kit to be purchased to make any changes to the system (i.e. adding/removing sensors, phone numbers etc...).  We would need to change the PIRs to pet-friendly as we have a dog, install a glass break sensor in the conservatory, and potentially want to move some existing sensors to ease decorating.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what our options are?  If there is a way or resetting the system to be able to setup our own codes that would be great for now.  If this system is going to be a pain in the rear then we would most likely replace it and install our own DIY alarm system, but I can't just go ripping sensors down for fear of tripping the alarm and not being able to turn it off.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Yes, the flex would replace, trouble is you need to wire the keypad and i am guessing the Domonial is in the hall in view?

Plus i expect there is no wired SAB and Galaxy does not support wireless sounders yet.

Where are you based?

We only have 3 domonials left in service now.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

There are wireless sounder add ons if needed, used them on G2-20`s loads of times.

The panel could be anywhere, but as you suggest possibly in the hall, power must come from somewhere, so there may be a way of hiding the Flex panel.

Archived