Security Installer Community

Quality Work

Ronnie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not sure there is a right or wrong way to nail capping but i also nail through the lip (otherwise it might slip out wouldn't it?)..

Same. Catching the side would be ok on a new build, but on older brickwork like Ive been trying to fix to today, not an option.

The nails are called mickey pins around here btw, not sure if thats the same everywhere.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Yeah thats them, except mine have blood all over them.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I would normally catch the edge of the capping with the head of the nail for a few reasons.

If a cable has crept out you don't go through it (you can see what your nailing into)

Also it's less likely to split the capping.

As for training I have done time served and NVQ Level 3 plus CG1851.

I think the combinatation of the two has helped me become a better engineer only learning the wrong ways from some of the long time served engineers.

Hands on is better but the knowledge of the courses helps teach the standards and how to apply them.

Shame most of the lads on the course were dossers.

I would normally catch the edge of the capping with the head of the nail for a few reasons.

If a cable has crept out you don't go through it (you can see what your nailing into)

Also it's less likely to split the capping.

As for training I have done time served and NVQ Level 3 plus CG1851.

I think the combinatation of the two has helped me become a better engineer NOT only learning the wrong ways from some of the long time served engineers.

Hands on is better but the knowledge of the courses helps teach the standards and how to apply them.

Shame most of the lads on the course were dossers.

Archived