Security Installer Community

Approved Co Ooop North

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
members should tow the line,

Agreed. God knows why I would feel as if we had been snitching. I suppose I'd think people would question if the motive is just to get one up on a competitor or if the motivation was genuine. I've not issue with competitors as i'm sure no one here has, so long as we all play to the same set of rules . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

ANother thing is you don't always know the circumstances of what you are seeing if you see some work done by an approved company. An alarm may be under someone contract and the client has had someone else do some work on it without letting the maintenance company know. This has happened to us before. Also maybe A guy gets a call out at 2am and goes to site to fix something and does a quick fix with a view to returning later, maybe the customer doesnt want to pay for a second call to do a proper fix as from there point of view it is working.

I would feel reluctant without some proper evidence.

Would you feel dirty for trying to get another approved company thrown out of an ispectorate for wrong doing?

Not at all, otherwise it makes you as bad imo.

ANother thing is you don't always know the circumstances of what you are seeing

Agreed, there are two sides to most stories, but that's up to the proper body to investigate. Always first to berate but without full facts there could be a plethora of reasons.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

ANother thing is you don't always know the circumstances of what you are seeing if you see some work done by an approved company. An alarm may be under someone contract and the client has had someone else do some work on it without letting the maintenance company know. This has happened to us before. Also maybe A guy gets a call out at 2am and goes to site to fix something and does a quick fix with a view to returning later, maybe the customer doesnt want to pay for a second call to do a proper fix as from there point of view it is working.

I would feel reluctant without some proper evidence.

But a standard is a standard right? It doesn't have a provision for quick fixs. Just out of interest, how has someone worked on your systems without you knowing about it?

Not at all, otherwise it makes you as bad imo.

Agreed, there are two sides to most stories, but that's up to the proper body to investigate. Always first to berate but without full facts there could be a plethora of reasons.

I hadn't thought of that, maybe other approved companies should be the eyes and ears of the inspectorates, although with my own personal expirience of NSI, they aren't remotly interested in complainst of wrong doing against their member companies even with hard evidence.

not a clue was before i started but a few employees had left in the year before I started. 

I believe we got called out to do a tamper engineer restore and two sensors had been moved. 

A standard is a standard but you don't always carry the equipment at all times. I know you are supposed to and 95% of the time i do but we are all human and sometimes i don't have a pir or a graded jb on me. If it is 2am you cant very well get one either. 

not a clue was before i started but a few employees had left in the year before I started. 

I believe we got called out to do a tamper engineer restore and two sensors had been moved. 

I see, was wondering about the tamper. I suppose as a consumer you can understand why they would attempt it as no one likes call out fees but from the alarm co's point of view we take a very dim view on it and on the rare occasions it has happened we have got narky about it.

I suppose it also varies depending on how much an alarm company charges. I've seen rates as low as £35 per hour for labour and as high as £150. I suppose you would be more tempeted to DIY if a £300 invoice was to follow . . .

A standard is a standard but you don't always carry the equipment at all times. I know you are supposed to and 95% of the time i do but we are all human and sometimes i don't have a pir or a graded jb on me. If it is 2am you cant very well get one either. 

Understood, been there and done that. I always made sure I went back but I'm sure that I was in the minority of engineers that cared enough to bother.

Archived