Security Installer Community

Transfering Bt Numbers

jb-eye

Im trying to cancel 2 ISDN lines but before i do i need some of the numbers moving to another supplier a term i always considered as porting.

My request has been made and the number will be pored on the 29th of this month.

Bt have contacted me to tell me that i should not cancel the ISDN lines because if i do this, even after the numbers have been ported then the ported numbers will stop working. Basicaly i told them this was a divert not a port. Bt are absolout that i cn not move my numbers unless i keep my lines. I know this is a nonsense but have no idea who i should contact as everything goes back to the same deccission, No lines No Porting.

Anyone had any exsperience of this?

Customers!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i moved my virgin number to bt this year (standard line) i was told the same, dont cancel the line until number is moved or you'll loose it

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Surely u do if its business critical?

Company next to us is pure voip, and at least once a month they lose it all. I assumed it was a dsl issue as opposed to provider? No real knowledge in this area so as much of a question as a statement

You dont need decent broadband for voip

our BB is fairly slow and sometimes we have to stop using the computer (internet anyway) if we're making a phone call otherwise it's a bit garbled - are we donig someting wrong??

You dont need decent broadband for voip

But you do need a reliable one. If the up/down speeds are fluctuating down around the lower limits it will catch you.

We have a UK network of VOIP Intercoms with a 2Meg SDSL at main end. All tests at main end pass fine. Problem comes with some sites at certain times of day. On these sites the BB has always been at best, average. Any drop in speed/bandwidth and we get audio probs. 3-15pm is usually the time it starts.

But you do need a reliable one. If the up/down speeds are fluctuating down around the lower limits it will catch you.

We have a UK network of VOIP Intercoms with a 2Meg SDSL at main end. All tests at main end pass fine. Problem comes with some sites at certain times of day. On these sites the BB has always been at best, average. Any drop in speed/bandwidth and we get audio probs. 3-15pm is usually the time it starts.

Obviiously i should have been more specific and decent was a poor description.Of course you need reliable broadband it dosent have to be huge bandwidth. I have FTTC with +30meg in Manchester, then i have 2 meg on 2 others one is by Eircom and the other from a Wireles receiver. All are reliable only one is large.

That has to be down to contension which is a nice way of saying "cheap internet"

Customers!

speedtest for work shows

79ms Ping

3.36Mbps Download

0.78Mbps Upload

I just can image the 1st time someone looks at facetube whilst having VOIP call everything will go pearshaped ?

Ours is only a little better on download Dave (4mbps) but I consider it fast, we never have any issues and everything downloads quick. Upload is about the same.

Diffrnce between the Citys and the outback.

UPDATE!!

It apears i owe BT an appology. It transpires that BT were in fact warning me i was being duped. As coincidence goes - just as im about to Port my numbers to a VOIP provider another company that used to handle our least cost routing has sold its buisness and the new buisness had taken it upon itself to request reinstatement of LCR in exactly the same month we are canceling our lines.

I truly thought i had my terminolgy wrong. BT have offered best advice on what to do. And we have had a conversation with a LCR company telling them what to do.

Ive had the 2 telephone systems running together for almost a year and yes we had a couple of issues. Ultimately we are now in charge of the telecoms and the billing and its suitably stable with an acceptable fall over except Electrical failure.

I have enough faith in our exsperince to resale our system and white label the billing which is basicaly more reoccurring for little work saving our customers a fortune. Its a win win.

Customers!

I have enough faith in our exsperince to resale our system and white label the billing which is basicaly more reoccurring for little work saving our customers a fortune. Its a win win.

If you need my help I would be happy to be your first free dummy/test site ;)

If you need my help I would be happy to be your first free dummy/test site ;)

You have to make up your mind what you want to do. The software can sit on a Raspbery Pi and can use your own phones although i would invest in system phones.

Thats £30 for the Pi and £50-60 a handset. Umlimited lines without rental and paygo calls on a 1p a call to the world and extensions anywhere. Fully featured system as you would exspect from a top end PABX. Tweek it with revenue share and instead of paying phone charges you get paid for having a phone system.

Decide what you want ill program it here and you try it their. And of course its intergrated to ALARM MASTER on TAPI so you use your mouse to make calls. and see whos calling if your in or out. Numbers are tied to all contract fields.

Ill set it up you can FckItUp.

Customers!

You have to make up your mind what you want to do. The software can sit on a Raspbery Pi and can use your own phones although i would invest in system phones.

Thats £30 for the Pi and £50-60 a handset. Umlimited lines without rental and paygo calls on a 1p a call to the world and extensions anywhere. Fully featured system as you would exspect from a top end PABX. Tweek it with revenue share and instead of paying phone charges you get paid for having a phone system.

Decide what you want ill program it here and you try it their. And of course its intergrated to ALARM MASTER on TAPI so you use your mouse to make calls. and see whos calling if your in or out. Numbers are tied to all contract fields.

Ill set it up you can FckItUp.

Sounds like a plan, I'll hold you to this!

Sounds like a plan, I'll hold you to this!

FFS talk about taking a camel to the water. Sit down and decide how you want it to work. Map it out and think of all your phones as one system: work, home, mobiles, mum & dad, wife, girl/boy friend etc.

Decide what calls go where at what times, decide what messages you want to leave decide who gets the messages and how (e-mail?) Put your engineer rota in the map including what happens if they are busy.

Do the normal ring groups and hunt.

Were currently using American SIp providers so you will be charged in USD but the up side is you can beat some of the UK CID prohibits.

Customers!

And of course its intergrated to ALARM MASTER on TAPI so you use your mouse to make calls. and see whos calling if your in or out. Numbers are tied to all contract fields.

how did you achieve this in the end ?

Mr? Veritas God

how did you achieve this in the end ?

It involved two free downloads one of which pretty much does everything by itself. Pointed amaster.ini settings to the TAPI and Alarmmaster telecom fields lit up like an x mas tree. We already had reception desk for our PABX only using com port between phones and AM.

This is a really exceptional bit of kit. Right mouse on jobs in diary now brings up contacts for eng or customer one click and your calling and it shows in the customer log.

Another AM Q: do you guys use the to do list when you log on?

Customers!

Intrested to know did you use IP intercoms? We are videx everywhere and our IP conection is via an ART 380 and then Linksys unit. Videx are still in manufacture of their IP and im guessing it will be lots of £.

Our solution works fine but it could be perfected

Customers!

Archived