Security Installer Community

Transfering Bt Numbers

jb-eye

Im trying to cancel 2 ISDN lines but before i do i need some of the numbers moving to another supplier a term i always considered as porting.

My request has been made and the number will be pored on the 29th of this month.

Bt have contacted me to tell me that i should not cancel the ISDN lines because if i do this, even after the numbers have been ported then the ported numbers will stop working. Basicaly i told them this was a divert not a port. Bt are absolout that i cn not move my numbers unless i keep my lines. I know this is a nonsense but have no idea who i should contact as everything goes back to the same deccission, No lines No Porting.

Anyone had any exsperience of this?

Customers!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i moved my virgin number to bt this year (standard line) i was told the same, dont cancel the line until number is moved or you'll loose it

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Surely u do if its business critical?

Company next to us is pure voip, and at least once a month they lose it all. I assumed it was a dsl issue as opposed to provider? No real knowledge in this area so as much of a question as a statement

You dont need decent broadband for voip

our BB is fairly slow and sometimes we have to stop using the computer (internet anyway) if we're making a phone call otherwise it's a bit garbled - are we donig someting wrong??

You dont need decent broadband for voip

But you do need a reliable one. If the up/down speeds are fluctuating down around the lower limits it will catch you.

We have a UK network of VOIP Intercoms with a 2Meg SDSL at main end. All tests at main end pass fine. Problem comes with some sites at certain times of day. On these sites the BB has always been at best, average. Any drop in speed/bandwidth and we get audio probs. 3-15pm is usually the time it starts.

But you do need a reliable one. If the up/down speeds are fluctuating down around the lower limits it will catch you.

We have a UK network of VOIP Intercoms with a 2Meg SDSL at main end. All tests at main end pass fine. Problem comes with some sites at certain times of day. On these sites the BB has always been at best, average. Any drop in speed/bandwidth and we get audio probs. 3-15pm is usually the time it starts.

Obviiously i should have been more specific and decent was a poor description.Of course you need reliable broadband it dosent have to be huge bandwidth. I have FTTC with +30meg in Manchester, then i have 2 meg on 2 others one is by Eircom and the other from a Wireles receiver. All are reliable only one is large.

That has to be down to contension which is a nice way of saying "cheap internet"

Customers!

Archived