Security Installer Community

Landmark On Watchdog

PeterJames

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your program this week was of particular interest to me as I am the MD of an approved security company.

I wondered if you had noticed Landmark are a member of the Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB)? The below statement is quoted from the SSAIB website under the heading "What are the benefits of Third Party Certification"

"The fundamental benefit of Third Party product Certification – put simply – is seated in giving the specifier, customer, end user, regulator or any combination of these an informed choice when purchasing or selecting a product or service.

The service carrying the badge or mark of a reputable Third Party Certification Body (like SSAIB), will give safeguards as to its performance. Third Party Certification enables providers to present their credentials to potential clients and demonstrate that they are subject to independent scrutiny and will deliver a quality product or service which can be relied upon.

Additionally in the rare event of a dispute arising between a certificated or approved service provider, which it has not been possibly to resolve between the parties directly, SSAIB will seek to resolve the matter by initially providing an arbitration services. In the event of the dispute being proved to be due to the failure of a certificated or approved organisation failing to comply with SSAIB rules and/or scheme criteria, the organisation will be expected to carry out remedial work to resolve the issue. Failure of a certificated or approved firm to do so will jeopardise the registration of the organisation."

I feel that a company using practices such as shown in your program, gives our whole industry a bad name. But not only is this company giving the industry a bad name, it is putting a mockery on approval.

I know that your program is about exposing rogue traders, however, I would be interested in what SSAIB has to say about the conduct of Landmark?

Kind regards

Peter

To be honest though when has any inspectorate sat in on a sales meeting? No one would let them, by no one I mean people of this creed. The SSAIB, if asked, will say the usual gumf about not condoning this behaviour blah blah blah.

Remember chaps these are the people we quote against.

To be honest though when has any inspectorate sat in on a sales meeting? No one would let them, by no one I mean people of this creed. The SSAIB, if asked, will say the usual gumf about not condoning this behaviour blah blah blah.

Remember chaps these are the people we quote against.

I was thinking more down the lines of: Now Landmark have been exposed for ripping people off, what will SSAIB do about their accreditation. The MD of Landmark knows this is going on he spoke to the actress on the salesmans phone. I for one would not want to be associated with businesses that work this way, and as a company with approval albeit a different approval I am.

I was thinking more down the lines of: Now Landmark have been exposed for ripping people off, what will SSAIB do about their accreditation. The MD of Landmark knows this is going on he spoke to the actress on the salesmans phone. I for one would not want to be associated with businesses that work this way, and as a company with approval albeit a different approval I am.

Again the whole reason industry funded regulation is flawed from day one. They won't ge a fine, they won't be discredited. It'll be a slapped wrist don't do it again or we might consider fining you. Why would the SSAIB or NSI throw someone out when it means less money in the pot for them.

When was the last time a firm had their accreditation removed?! The fact that the SSAIB haven't came out and said something after a firm they have stuck their name on has been discredited on national telly shows me they don't really care and once it's been forgotten about in a month life shall move on.

Spot on mr PJ

It makes no difference which inspectorate you chose, this episode demeans the entire professional market, and to put pressure on the ssaib, via bbc, to remove the company from membership, even if not succesful, will force both inspectorates to examine the subject. The end reult can only be a move forward, assuming the bbc take it up. Fingers crossed huh?

The only way we will see a change in the inspectorates is if we the industry do what we can when we see something thats not right. The more of us that mention the SSAIB to the beeb the more chance of them interviewing them and asking what they will do about Landmark. The link is below you can choose to ignore it or you can use it as an oppurtunity, but dont later moan about the inspectorate if you do nothing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

It would be fantastic if the Beeb did approach SSAIB, the is no reason why they should not. The only reason I think they hadnt was because they had not noticed they were SSAIB, or even knew who SSAIB are

The programme has been aired now, they will be less interested than the inspectorates and moving on to their next expose.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The link also is only there for a new story as it is set out.

Using this link you can write and ask why SSAIB or NACOSS have not been featured or approached with regard to certain programmes made.

watchdog@bbc.co.uk

If you click the subject drop down on my link the first topic line is "This weeks show"

Still looking for details of the issue.

I used the mail and asked why they had not consulted the regulatory bodies in place.

To be fair, why should they?

What actual authority do either of them have?

Perhaps the beeb have already sussed them.

It would have been nice if their reported/researcher had actually mentioned the bodies. After all are the Beeb going to assist in every dispute?

Why? So they can say "look, these guys have third party accreditation and can still get away with this!" it's one thing to be **** and claim certification then there's another to have it and flout the living daylights out of it.

Let's be honest here, if it wasn't for urns and insurers NSI and SSAIB wouldn't exist.

Archived