Security Installer Community

Inhibit Frustration!

garnayrob

Hi Oxo, yep I'm an alarm numpty it seems :)

Yep - setting and testing inside the property. The point is I haven't got both zones on timed, I've got zone 1 (mag contact) on timed and zone 2 (pir) on inhibit - but when testing, if I pass zone 2 it just starts the entry countdown.

Only way I can get alarm to trigger from inside is turning both timed and inhibit off zone 2 (instant alarm).

I'm sure I'm doing it right - does the box perhaps need a hard reset?

Panel is LED only, but I'm understanding the programming fine it's just not doing as supposed to!

cheers

Rob

Your not setting correctly. Do a FULL set,

Set it with zone 1 as a Final Exit Zone 2 as Inhibited.

Cover the pir when doing this.

When set remove the cover.

Your missing something basic and not giving all the programming info we need to assist rather than guess.

Oxo, appreciate the continued patience. A FULL set is simply by typing in the code then shutting the door? This is what I am doing.

According to the manual, the Final Door (option 2) is set at a program level not a zone level - this is the current setting.

Zone 1 is set as Timed (option 2) and Zone 2 PIR set as Inhibit (option 3).

Did you "mask" off the sensor and check the system works correctly as in sets and unsets?

Then remove the cover and see what happens,

Did you restart the panel?

Have you tried this with the detectors on a short lead to prove them?

Have you also used zones 3 and 4 but linked them out, have heard this can help sometimes.

All what I have said before, but you have not said you have tried. If you dont try we cannot see the results and now after 3 times if you do not follow a basic method then its no good trying to help.

Time for leaving it until tomorrow and REBOOTING the panel.

The joys of fitting one of the worst panels on the market.

Some of the terminology and programming of these doorstops are bewildering to the DIYers, and no doubt trade.

Defo not the best panel for a first timer but they seem to be aimed at them.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Some of the terminology and programming of these doorstops are bewildering to the DIYers, and no doubt trade.

QFA I only have to program these rarely and argee they're confusing.

I'd be confident it's a programming problem, if you have double-checked you have wired them the right way round.

Archived