Security Installer Community

Inhibit Frustration!

garnayrob

Hi all, I'm going out my mind with frustration. I've got a Honeywell Accenta/Optima with 2 zones (zone 1 mag contact on door and zone 2 a PIR).

I've set both zones 1 and 2 as "used".

On all 3 programs I've set zone 1 as "timed".

On all 3 programs I've set zone 2 as "inhibit".

I've set and armed the panel, then proceeded to pass through the PIR. Instead of triggering the alarm immediately as I would expect, the entry timer starts.

The only way I've managed to get the PIR to trigger the alarm is to remove the inhibit completely, which is useless as I cannot enter zone 1 without tripping the PIR.

Help!! What have I done wrong??

cheers

Rob.

Progging glitch somewhere!, during a full set zone 2 will cause an alarm condition if the entry timer- zone 1 has not activated first, part sets default to zone 2 initiating the entry timer-are you sure you're full setting? And not one of the part sets?.

Progging glitch somewhere!, during a full set zone 2 will cause an alarm condition if the entry timer- zone 1 has not activated first, part sets default to zone 2 initiating the entry timer-are you sure you're full setting? And not one of the part sets?.

I'm just doing a normal set - e.g. type in code then close Zone 1 (magnet contact).

Why do you have to pass the Pir to get to zone 1?

Take the other programmes off, Get the main one working first.

Also, try putting zones 3 and 4 as used but just link them out at the panel, heard this sometimes needs to see at least 4 zones to operate correctly.

Reboot the panel and start again.

cheers guys. Just some background there are only 2 zones (garden office) with zone 1 on door and PIR directly inside the door. At the moment I've just left with a 10 second entry for both sensors which is fine - just annoyed inhibit function refuses to work.

Yep neighbours had their bank holiday Sunday ruined! :0

Its programming, How are you testing this also? Settting and being inside the property?

This works out of the box so reset it to defaults as already suggested and start again. Just increase the defaulted entry time.

Why have both sensors got an entry time? Your not quite understanding the terminology I believe,

You obviously have the manual do a factory reset and do as above,

This is ione of the easiest to use and programme if not in this game. Your missing out something . What keyad is it the LED one? They always confuse people.

Ps Should have been testing with the strobe only not full bells.

Experience ehh :D

Hi Oxo, yep I'm an alarm numpty it seems :)

Yep - setting and testing inside the property. The point is I haven't got both zones on timed, I've got zone 1 (mag contact) on timed and zone 2 (pir) on inhibit - but when testing, if I pass zone 2 it just starts the entry countdown.

Only way I can get alarm to trigger from inside is turning both timed and inhibit off zone 2 (instant alarm).

I'm sure I'm doing it right - does the box perhaps need a hard reset?

Panel is LED only, but I'm understanding the programming fine it's just not doing as supposed to!

cheers

Rob

Your not setting correctly. Do a FULL set,

Set it with zone 1 as a Final Exit Zone 2 as Inhibited.

Cover the pir when doing this.

When set remove the cover.

Your missing something basic and not giving all the programming info we need to assist rather than guess.

Oxo, appreciate the continued patience. A FULL set is simply by typing in the code then shutting the door? This is what I am doing.

According to the manual, the Final Door (option 2) is set at a program level not a zone level - this is the current setting.

Zone 1 is set as Timed (option 2) and Zone 2 PIR set as Inhibit (option 3).

Did you "mask" off the sensor and check the system works correctly as in sets and unsets?

Then remove the cover and see what happens,

Did you restart the panel?

Have you tried this with the detectors on a short lead to prove them?

Have you also used zones 3 and 4 but linked them out, have heard this can help sometimes.

All what I have said before, but you have not said you have tried. If you dont try we cannot see the results and now after 3 times if you do not follow a basic method then its no good trying to help.

Time for leaving it until tomorrow and REBOOTING the panel.

The joys of fitting one of the worst panels on the market.

Some of the terminology and programming of these doorstops are bewildering to the DIYers, and no doubt trade.

Defo not the best panel for a first timer but they seem to be aimed at them.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Some of the terminology and programming of these doorstops are bewildering to the DIYers, and no doubt trade.

QFA I only have to program these rarely and argee they're confusing.

I'd be confident it's a programming problem, if you have double-checked you have wired them the right way round.

To be fair, I haven't even seen it - crappy little panels like this are like fat ginger birds - don't go there..

Fear of the unknown/unfamiliar!, IMHO shows weakness, yes it's what you wouldn't normally use, doesn't necessarily make it a bag of crock though.

Worked on a fair few of these, yes it's not particularly friendly, but once you get your head round the terminology/progging!.Bobs your uncle normally.

To be fair, I haven't even seen it - crappy little panels like this are like fat ginger birds - don't go there..

ucking hell, you cant compare ade ***** to a fat ginger bird,

- a fat ginger bird has some use.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Shame, it seems some cannot assist.

Some take the piss.

Others not understand.

Are there only that few whom can be called "expert" in their field. Or do you all think your so good you do not have to know about other systems other than your own?

Shame if you feel it is the latter.

Narrow minded Bar Stewards springs to mond.

Archived