Security Installer Community

Day Rate

plasmarb

Whats a reasonable rate for installation / maintenace? (domestic / business)

£300 a day. If your subbing then it's less. Everyone has to make a crust. Obviously this is my opinion and I've seen it a lot less. You get what You pay for.

Customers!

£300 a day. If your subbing then it's less. Everyone has to make a crust. Obviously this is my opinion and I've seen it a lot less. You get what You pay for.

Depends if he wants to do his shopping at M&S or Aldi's.

Talking to my mate yesterday who runs a fire firm, he's got a few subby's on at the minute - he's paying 130, 135 and 160 a day.

Think he said he had four on the lower rates and one on at 160.

He said rates have come down and used to be a fair bit higher.

I think his own lads are tenner an hour, or atleast they were a year or so ago, didnt ask yesterday.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Talking to my mate yesterday who runs a fire firm, he's got a few subby's on at the minute - he's paying 130, 135 and 160 a day.

Think he said he had four on the lower rates and one on at 160.

He said rates have come down and used to be a fair bit higher.

I think his own lads are tenner an hour, or atleast they were a year or so ago, didnt ask yesterday.

Sub rates are low but I'm not sure that wasn't the q. If a sub was to get his own job in then I assume they would double their rate

Customers!

Well it depends on your overheads. We have subcontractors that vary from 140 to 280 a day depending on skill level, speed etc. But decorators etc usually charge more than 150a day for labour only.

I assume you are working direct for a client and they are supplying the gear?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

So is £150 a good rate to be installting a 4 camera system at a customers house?

If your done for lunch time ready for another in the afternoon.

Yes its a good day rate.....................................................for the client.

Lol, like it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Ah pj. So who you work for is paying all the overheads. And no tax, vat etc I suppose?

Nah, he's gonna be a good little boy and declare it all to HMRC on the additional Self Assessment he asks them for. He'll also be rushing to inform the Tax Credits people of his new found wealth, can't be over claiming on benefits, it's naughty. And he'll be fully covered on PL insurance - can't be breaking the law can we. Far too risky.

All that on top of the likely breach of contract with his employer.

And for what, £150 a day??

Cheaper to stay at home and cut the grass.

Archived