Security Installer Community

360 Dualtecs

breff

Anyone else had any problems with 360 Dualtecs activating when there are refridgerators nearby, for instance drinks coolers in newsagents?

I had a problem with one last year, got rid of the 360 ,mounted a crow genius in a corner, no problems since.

Had the same problem today in another shop and wondered if it was a common problem.

Breff

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

We have a Rokonet 360 DT mounted in a works kitchen, Fridge, Microwave & cooker in constant, never had any problems in the 3 years it been fitted. Not one False Alarm.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Breff,

Could any of these activations have been from reflected light from headlights etc as the microwave will pick up outside anyway if not set up properly.

Had a similar experiance once with a glass fronted building with 360's in ceiling in foyer, triggering virtually the same time every evening on certain weeks, finally pinned it down to a security guard doing his rounds an shining his torch in, even tried it myself and it does, ripped it out and put a mx40qz in the front corner. Never had a problem since.

Clive

its the new halogen headlamps i find a problem..tho white light filters are supposed to do the job??shouldnt trip a mw tho,but bushes people walking by will.

some of the 360 d/ts don't have temp compensation built into the circuitry - not a good idea when mounting on the ceiling. surprising the difference in temp at 6 feet and ceiling height.

Mister G

Agreed about the ceiling height thing ^^, Im 6'2" and my feet are freezing.

Eng, what do mean by

but bushes people walking by will.

20877[/snapback]

the mw will see most things thru glass & brickworketc,exept those steel sided building,which it then bounces off and goes unstable...i just dont like em :no: im a sonic man myself :yes: i know the napco's good but the c&k :no::no::no::no:

I like the napco's, they're the dog's

:0)

20881[/snapback]

there not cheap,but i must admit i get know probs with them..and the posh bluetack is a nice touch :yes: tho im a silicone man :whistle:

Archived