Security Installer Community

Optex Announce New Low Cost Quad Pir Grade 2

iWise quads, DT's & quadsec for domestic and commercial. We only use these at grades 2 & 3, much easier to manage.

As above although we have used the quadsec our stock box only has the iWise and the pyronix TMD detectors.

To Bump in, i TODAY found that the SC550 has once again been labeled G1. Spoke with CQR and they said they have been incorrectly labeled thus still G2.

Customers!

Nice to see ISO processes working eh?? not.

Not having a label would be failing. Nowt wrong with a little bit of non conformance to show the system works. Seriously ISO used to be a PITA, bit like H&S gone mad. These days its so simplified having it or not, on the most part is just the audit. Most do the procedures without knowing or bothering to formalise.

Customers!

Not having a label would be failing. Nowt wrong with a little bit of non conformance to show the system works. Seriously ISO used to be a PITA, bit like H&S gone mad. These days its so simplified having it or not, on the most part is just the audit. Most do the procedures without knowing or bothering to formalise.

Not strictly true.

They issued kit, incorrectly labelled and from your comment it seems you informed them they were wrong. If ISO was working correctly, unless you were the 1st to notice, they should be informing you, the customer/distributor etc

Not strictly true.

They issued kit, incorrectly labelled and from your comment it seems you informed them they were wrong. If ISO was working correctly, unless you were the 1st to notice, they should be informing you, the customer/distributor etc

The label is wrong this they consede and have a valid exspalanation. the cetrificate of conformance is correct so im duly notified. Just because an ISO company makes a mistake dosent mean the ISO is a waste of time. Mistake and rectification of procedure. We all make mistakes and its not my intention to retro visit the minor ones.

Customers!

The label is wrong this they consede and have a valid exspalanation. the cetrificate of conformance is correct so im duly notified. Just because an ISO company makes a mistake dosent mean the ISO is a waste of time. Mistake and rectification of procedure. We all make mistakes and its not my intention to retro visit the minor ones.

That's not what i was insinuating. That said, the operative word you used earlier was "again".

Labelling, whilst it may seem a minor issue, is in a fact a key area. Disasters/serious incidents have occurred because of errors in labelling - and in industries where accuracy and procedure are a top priority.

That's not what i was insinuating. That said, the operative word you used earlier was "again".

Labelling, whilst it may seem a minor issue, is in a fact a key area. Disasters/serious incidents have occurred because of errors in labelling - and in industries where accuracy and procedure are a top priority.

I did say again. The original problem was to do with hear say, where a particular manufacturer convinced other manufacturers that a leaf spring tamper was not compliment with new EN regs, I argued that this was not in print so not a reason for downgrading products where leaf springs are used. The result is the products were moved back to their correct grading.

the latest error comes from more EN revisions where product environmental class have been revisited. Like the leaf spring the environmental grade also has been over zealously read into causing a review on dropping a grade.

Then of course we have the commercial problem where new products can't find their way due to an older product out performing.

None of this is entirely ISO based. The disaster scenario won't dispear because of HSE or ISO only the frequency.

Customers!

Archived