Security Installer Community

Optex Announce New Low Cost Quad Pir Grade 2

What are your thoughts so far James? Is it much cheaper than an RX40 (which it looks similar to, minus the light pipe for the LED)?

The tamper switch looks suspiciously like the dodgy ones they used to use in the days of the FX35 etc.

Trade Member

1st point yes, approx 50%

Its a quad. Looks nice, has an optex badge plenty of room,

Downsides Not sealed, no resistors optex stamped into case

re tamper point. Thought the same but it meters ok. No ex35 variable resistors yet

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

tempting for a bells only resi,

Yes, although cant say Im unhappy with Activ8's tbh, so these would need to be good.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Yeah the active8's are ok and they have loads of models, ie with cameras, dualtech etc.

I tend to test internal sensors by mounting them outside against a dualtech.

The best performing quad i had tested this way before was the hkc quad. But to be fair to this little unit its matching the hkc for false alarms (sun light usually) and genuines.

But the hkc ones have been outside now for nearly a year.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 1 month later...

So it's been over a month James what's the verdict? I quite fancy picking up a couple to try them out as the is215's are slowly creeping in price.

Ive had one on test for over a month no fa's I havent started using them yet we over ordered on HKC Quads

G2 quad and G3 DT. Keeps things simple and stock levels minimal. We're using the Bosch Blueline Gen 2 Quad and the Guardall DT15+. Best combination of detectors we've used, especially since Bosch re-designed the Blueline range into a smaller casing.

Trade Member

Archived