Security Installer Community

Ssaib Registration

iralarms

Character References should be your immediate superior in your most recent employed position and someone whose bona fides can be independently verified, such as a doctor, business owner, Chartered Accountant, etc. Neither referee should be related to you or be someone with whom you are in a long-term romantic relationship. Please state their relationship with you and state for how long you have known them on a continuous basis or for which specific periods, i.e. you may have lost touch with them for a couple of years for some reason. Ask the referees permission before putting them on the application form and ensure that they are going to say the things you want them to!!

Previous employers State who your immediate superior was or who the person was to whom you were responsible. State also your job title at the time of leaving and your reason for leaving. Ensure all dates are recorded as month and year both for starting and for leaving employment with a company.

No Longer Trading Previous employers who are no longer trading can present a problem. Provide as much detail as you can about the company and we will figure out what to do. If you are still in touch with someone from that period of time or you know their whereabouts please submit their details as an additional character reference.

Periods of self-employment should be accompanied by details of your professional advisers (Accountants, Solicitors, Bankers) during that period. If required, we can get you to sign a letter instructing them to release details of your claims to us.

Periods of Unemployment should be accompanied by details of the office at which you were claiming the benefit or signing on. If required, we can get you to sign a letter instructing them to release details of your claims to us.

Periods of Full-Time Education should be accompanied by accurate dates of courses. This should state the month and the year of the start and finish of the course, or the date of leaving school.

Periods Spent Abroad should be accompanied by a Visa, Passport Stamp, hôtel bills, wage slips (if working abroad), Credit Card Statements, etc, to show that you were where you said you were during this period. We will need to see original documents so that we can make an “official copy” for your screening file.

Periods Spent In Prison should be accompanied by exact dates on a month by month basis. Accurate addresses of prisons are important including any prisoner reference number. If you have a Certificate of Discharge or similar

• 6 months later...

I've also just paid for SSAIB registration and will run through the pack later this week. I'm fairly happy with the inspection processes as I have represented another company for the past few years with paperwork and site visits etc.

On the security screening, my lads (and myself for that matter) have been screened by a previous employer who we were sub-contracted to. Also, through some recent sub contractor application processes we have also been security checked by two other companies. Am I right to assume that I will still have to have my own lads (and myself) screened by my company to comply? Or, and I doubt this, do the security screenings belong to the individuals and I can ask any of the other companies for them?

• 1 month later...
And the punishment for misbehaving is?Being made to stand on the naughty step?

The punishments are far more serious than the naughty step. They threatened to tell my mummy as well as the naughty step and no sky tv for a week. I've heard NSI take your playstation away too.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived