Security Installer Community

Ipad

LastChance

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Another case of I know better than everyone else.

Errrrr NO.

You think you do.

You`re getting really boring now with this attitude. And you had the audasisty to say I think I`m good was out of order.

Remember our conversation in the pub? About the same tinme we discussed we were earning the same, you did tings different so have more cash/assets.

You also were afraid of parking your car outside your home. Thought friends were taking the piss out of you.

~Who has the better riches?

Fiver says I am happier than you.

I use my ipad for all my manuals. If I'm ever stuck on a panel it's really useful to have an almost a4 size screen with he ability to search for specific words in a manual in seconds. Other than that it stays in the van. Highly recommended!

Blackberry Torch 9860 here, has every manual I have. A few excel spreadsheets plus I can write new with the phone. Word and some swap over charts I made a few years back, only using the 16GB card ATM, might go for the 32GB eventually.

Carry a spare battery, try that with a ipad!!!!!

Bloody good sat nav on it too, Gokivo, a free app. Beats any sat nav I have seen and last week proved it again when it took us to the door, where the sat nav kept saying turn left and do a u turn :D

Best phone I ever bought. Prior to that was the Blackberry Pearl for its size but was a pain for internet. This is fast as fook.

Tried a windows phone recently and it was sh1te in comparision.

• 1 month later...

MASMobile has just been updated to allow you to ammend the alarm SDP, descriptions, locations etc from it too.

Not seen smartpac touch yet.

Dangerous unless i failed to understand. An engineer can edit a SDP to as fitted?

Customers!

Dangerous unless i failed to understand. An engineer can edit a SDP to as fitted?

And the thing that is incorrect with this is?

As an engineer who attends site, it has been known for me to disagree with a contractual document (SDP) as to the recorded location of devices. on speaking to our office it was clearly my missunderstanding of the location of an agreed front entrance.

Had i been able to alter the locations then a CONTRACTUAL document would have become floored without the neccessary authourisation level.

Please stop questioning me with things you should understand. The abve leadds me to beleive that you used to alter things all the time without authorisation which IMO makes you a loose dangerous canon.

Customers!

As an engineer who attends site, it has been known for me to disagree with a contractual document (SDP) as to the recorded location of devices. on speaking to our office it was clearly my missunderstanding of the location of an agreed front entrance.

Had i been able to alter the locations then a CONTRACTUAL document would have become floored without the neccessary authourisation level.

Please stop questioning me with things you should understand. The abve leadds me to beleive that you used to alter things all the time without authorisation which IMO makes you a loose dangerous canon.

I understand a lot, far more than you realise.

I did indeed alter things, correctly. As I also did the site surveys, ones I had not, but installed I was given "carte blanch" to ensure they were correct.

When you can type and write a sentance correctly by all means "pull me up". We all know you cannot manage your own compnay and employ another to do so. You hide behind being a simple employee. A typical all talk and trousers personality. At least I do as I say.

You should also read the other thread about libel.

Your getting close to being swallowed up by your own words.

James. the office works on the feedback of its engineers and suveyors. Being both, I had the responsibility of ensuring sites were correctly protected. That "traps" were set and the system worked for the client, not the client around the system.

I don`t have to explain anymore, as it should be obvious I know how to design a system.

I understand a lot, far more than you realise.

I did indeed alter things, correctly. As I also did the site surveys, ones I had not, but installed I was given "carte blanch" to ensure they were correct.

When you can type and write a sentance correctly by all means "pull me up". We all know you cannot manage your own compnay and employ another to do so. You hide behind being a simple employee. A typical all talk and trousers personality. At least I do as I say.

You should also read the other thread about libel.

Your getting close to being swallowed up by your own words.

James. the office works on the feedback of its engineers and suveyors. Being both, I had the responsibility of ensuring sites were correctly protected. That "traps" were set and the system worked for the client, not the client around the system.

I don`t have to explain anymore, as it should be obvious I know how to design a system.

You dont even see the danger of this statement:

This is IYO.

Im not that brave to believe i get everything right all the time. We therefore implement process of checking that relies on more than on individuals beleif in their own supremacy.

i not you again add a twist and try to digress. These pages arent all about me so get over us.

Customers!

You`re correct in the fact we are not infallible. Hence checks are/were in place. And it was my place to see that errors were corrected.

Please get over yourself, I do not have to lie nor assume a position lower than I hold.

"i not you again" What is that all about?

The digression was not intended for you , but to another.

And yes "Norm" I sometimes forget to script read before I post. We are not all as perfect as we like to think, but being close is enough.

You`re correct in the fact we are not infallible. Hence checks are/were in place. And it was my place to see that errors were corrected.

Please get over yourself, I do not have to lie nor assume a position lower than I hold.

i had to edit the irelavance out of the above.

Anyway: so you are now saying you didnt alter anything without checking (second opinion) as an engineer. This puts us back on topic where i beleive it dangerous for an engineer to be able to alter an SDP via any means especialy via something like MasPDA without authorisation.

Customers!

Edit what you wish, I am correct in what I do.

I do the surveys, I fit the equipment.

And it gets graded A by the inspector.

If you cannot trust your engineers, then you should not be employing them.

Not too difficult to understand is it.

Differing thoughts again then. I don't see how a pure engineer has the time nor the access to the regs to be able to do that

JW careful who you disagree with you may find your pets head in your bed one morning.

Can't remember last time I got straight A,s. IPOF I would be concerned if I didn't find something wrong on an audit. I know most jobs have criteria built in which stop straight A,s. Possibly Operating instructions adjacent to keypad on some panels?

Customers!

IPOF I would be concerned if I didn't find something wrong on an audit. I know most jobs have criteria built in which stop straight A,s. Possibly Operating instructions adjacent to keypad on some panels?

Surely that is an issue that the Inspectorate should discuss with the manufacturers if it goes against their 'criteria'?

Or is it a case where the Manufacturers have told the inspectorates to go and do one?

Surely that is an issue that the Inspectorate should discuss with the manufacturers if it goes against their 'criteria'?

Or is it a case where the Manufacturers have told the inspectorates to go and do one?

I dont think this is an inspectors criteria unless of course we agree that the inspectors criteria is to check againt the standards. So in my exaample some manufacturers do place the opperating instructions on the keypad, some do not but it has to be the installer that makes sure this is done.

Its a bit like driving anyone who beleives he (or she) is a straight "A" driver and uses a clean liscence to PROVE thier point then i would say they are deluded. I have a clean liscence and i know im a **** driver. Passing an advanced driver course proves nothing.

Have i wired in a cavity? yes! not a straight "A" then is it.

Customers!

I dont think this is an inspectors criteria unless of course we agree that the inspectors criteria is to check againt the standards. So in my exaample some manufacturers do place the opperating instructions on the keypad, some do not but it has to be the installer that makes sure this is done.

Its a bit like driving anyone who beleives he (or she) is a straight "A" driver and uses a clean liscence to PROVE thier point then i would say they are deluded. I have a clean liscence and i know im a **** driver. Passing an advanced driver course proves nothing.

Have i wired in a cavity? yes! not a straight "A" then is it.

calm down sir, i was merely expanding on the example you quoted.

Archived